Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Labor Day

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I just got back from taking my Mom out to lunch and shopping. Every place was very crowded. I'm keeping my eye on Irma. We are flying to Miami on the 14th for a cruise on the 15th. Some of the projections have Irma possibly hitting here on the 12th or 13th, so hoping that we will be able to make it. We live about 90 miles from the coast, and we have had some significant damage in our area in the past. Here's hoping that Irma stays far away from all of us! As for the little guy in N. Korea, he's got all of us on edge.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I just got back from taking my Mom out to lunch and shopping. Every place was very crowded. I'm keeping my eye on Irma. We are flying to Miami on the 14th for a cruise on the 15th. Some of the projections have Irma possibly hitting here on the 12th or 13th, so hoping that we will be able to make it. We live about 90 miles from the coast, and we have had some significant damage in our area in the past. Here's hoping that Irma stays far away from all of us! As for the little guy in N. Korea, he's got all of us on edge.
    Hope all goes well for your cruise.

We were at Nantasket all day, but unfortunately went home for dinner! Hope you enjoyed Jake's. May be our last day at Nantasket but at least we have Aruba in 36 days!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Thinking DW and I will take the scenic drive to Jake's seafood in Nantasket for a late lunch!

...but with all the stuff about North Korea... might be smarter to start on a bomb shelter.
    Hopefully we'll be back in Spring 2018

We spent the day in Seaside Hts, NJ - my first happy place before finding Aruba
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We spent Saturday at home-cool and rainy. I did get all my baskets for an upcoming basket auction labeled-I have 30 for this year and 14 for next year already(I went over board this year and need to save them for next year). It is part of a car show we do at the NJ Veteran's Home in our town. All money raised goes right to our vets. Sunday was a day of errands and cleaning and paperwork. Monday was my youngest 25th birthday, so we went out to dinner along with finishing up work at our rental property(evicted the tenant this past week and new one is going in next week) and made many batches of fresh pesto to freeze for future use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12