Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Learned something sad this trip...any answers???

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Learned something sad this trip...any answers???-image.jpg

Saw this and wanted to share. Seems appropriate for the Dog Rescues❤️
    Last edited by cindyo; 05-31-2015 at 05:37 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    On the fundraiser page I saw a comment made by a little girl who donated as well. It really touched my heart how selfless, loving and caring this little girl is. She wrote:

This is for my mom who is trying to help the animals in Aruba. Please everyone donate even if it's a little I'm just a kid and I'm giving something. Please Help.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...-aruba/349538#

Junior Member Photographer Aruba's Avatar
    The police is actually working together now with the animal shelter. And giving fines out to people who do not have their dog within their house property. A lot of people in Aruba have dogs, but no wall to keep them in, so they just walk around. The police & animal shelter are working hard now to resolve all this issues. Let's hope for the best!

Thanks for sharing the link to donate
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Glad to see so much work being done on this issue I posted about. I did read the Arf-Aruba site, and donated to the Spay-Neuter program as well. The Spay Neuter program is key to turning this problem around...I hope they reach their goal of $14,000. That is not a lot of money to solve such a huge problem....I would think all the resorts/hotels on the island might be happy to donate as well. They depend on tourism and this situation is very disturbing to so many tourists. Thanks for the responses, and if any hotel/restaurant owners are reading this, please help out by making a donation toward solving this problem! We all love Aruba and that includes these helpless animals!!!

CK1
    There is a new FB page with the info and request helping to transport kittens/cats and puppies/dogs from Aruba to the USA. The process seems to be very simple and easy. I'm thrilled that some of those wonderful and sweet cuties found a loving and caring home! And just need some help to get there.

Here is the link:

Aruba Flight Volunteers

Community

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aruba...30?pnref=story

What a wonderful thing that group is doing to take care of all the puppies. I just reached out to them to find out more information on how the process works because I'd love to bring a puppy home next month for someone to rescue. Reading the postings and seeing the pictures of all the happy puppies on the FB page brought tears to my eyes. I really hope I can help out.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bostongal View Post
    What a wonderful thing that group is doing to take care of all the puppies. I just reached out to them to find out more information on how the process works because I'd love to bring a puppy home next month for someone to rescue. Reading the postings and seeing the pictures of all the happy puppies on the FB page brought tears to my eyes. I really hope I can help out.
    Hi bostongal,
    That is very kind of you! You are an angel!
    If you have the time, please share your experience transporting a rescue puppy. Maybe it will inspire others.
    I would do it as well in a heartbeat but unfortunately I live in Texas and the flight back home is about 20 hours!

Hello- I emailed Marie who is the woman behind rescuing all of these lil pups and she called me back within 20 minutes of sending her an email. It is very easy process so both my daughter and I will be transporting back a puppy. She arranges everything between meeting you at the airport with the dogs to arranging the person adopting the pups to a meeting area at Logan. As long as you're able to carry up to a 10-15 lb carrier and don't have allergies then this is something that I believe everyone should look into. I can't wait and look forward to doing this. Maybe it'll help with my sadness of having my vacation end.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bostongal View Post
    Hello- I emailed Marie who is the woman behind rescuing all of these lil pups and she called me back within 20 minutes of sending her an email. It is very easy process so both my daughter and I will be transporting back a puppy. She arranges everything between meeting you at the airport with the dogs to arranging the person adopting the pups to a meeting area at Logan. As long as you're able to carry up to a 10-15 lb carrier and don't have allergies then this is something that I believe everyone should look into. I can't wait and look forward to doing this. Maybe it'll help with my sadness of having my vacation end.
    You and your daughter are amazing! Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast