Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Learned something sad this trip...any answers???

Just got home and we noticed the dog problem. In our welcome bag there was a flyer about an adoption program. I have it here somewhere. Of course the boys wanted to bring one home. If I find it I'll post the information. I didn't notice any dogs wandering around the resorts. We saw many in and around San Nicholas. Some wandering the streets. Some at houses. I saw 2 chained outside to dog houses. We only saw 2 cats. I also saw a donation box at Salt n Pepper saying they were supporting the cause. In line at the airport a family held a puppy (about 6 months old). I heard them say they adopted it and something about quarantine but the line was moving and didn't get a chance to ask about it.

Aruba since 1979
    if the dog is going to the contininetal USA, there is no quarantine.
    all that is needed is:
    1. a dog (or cat)
    2. a valid veterinarian signed certificate stating good health
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    Just got home and we noticed the dog problem. In our welcome bag there was a flyer about an adoption program. I have it here somewhere. Of course the boys wanted to bring one home. If I find it I'll post the information. I didn't notice any dogs wandering around the resorts. We saw many in and around San Nicholas. Some wandering the streets. Some at houses. I saw 2 chained outside to dog houses. We only saw 2 cats. I also saw a donation box at Salt n Pepper saying they were supporting the cause. In line at the airport a family held a puppy (about 6 months old). I heard them say they adopted it and something about quarantine but the line was moving and didn't get a chance to ask about it.

DH said had we known that they would have over ruled me and we'd have a new fur baby.

Aruba since 1979
    it is NOT too late.
    there are MANY pups/dogs/cats/kittens in aruba that need a home.
    contact forum member BillstellaR or forum member SUGAR
    both of these fine people are very active in ARF Aruba.com animal relief foundation aruba.
    they are a group of aruba tourists and aruba residents that help with the animals of aruba...primarily dogs and cats.
    they provide veterinary services, education, adoptions/rescues.

you too, can own (or be owned) by a true aruba conucu cat or dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    DH said had we known that they would have over ruled me and we'd have a new fur baby.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arfaruba.com/aboutarf.htm (i think the website has not been updated in a long time)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anima...202178?fref=ts

the first photo...is forum member Sugar (kathy) and she is holding Bambi....now known as Benny and he was adopted by my niece/husband and daughters!

forum member Cheryl also, on her own brings some Aruba dogs/pups to the USA.

feel free to contact these people for information !!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-12-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Any time we've come in contact with a dog in Aruba we've found them to be friendly and mild mannered. On occasion, we have had one come up to us on the beach at the Divi and when we stayed at the Radisson I had one come up to me when we were having breakfast at Gilligans. I will admit I find it a little unnerving when I see 5 or 6 of them together in a pack but we've never had issues with aggressiveness. The individuals working with Arff Aruba have such big hearts and are totally dedicated to finding the dogs a home.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    We will be going to Aruba July 18th and returning home Aug 1st ...we will be landing at Bradley and flying on US air/AA ....not sure how the transports are working with them( I know AA does transports)not sure if usair will do the same ....we've transported before and would love to bring another puppy home for someone..........Kathy (Sugar) we'll have to get together while I'm there .....went shopping for the rescue....Diane

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Saw this article today by chance. The cage where this dog is held is awfully small if he has to live in there. I think it's good that get informed how to be responsible dog owners and that veterinarians explain the rules and give tips.

Google translation:

Dog owners warned 96 times PDF Print E-mail
    Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 13:28

ORANGE CITY - Since the operation of the task force Ley di cacho ', or the hondenwet, there are 96 official warnings have been issued and there five times a report was drawn up. Dog owners should be more responsible by law.

The warnings and claims reporting are issued since July 1 this year. The Task Force is now active in three Bario, including North. The intent of the hondenwet is not to hand out as many fines, but to inform and warn, stressed the police. So should responsible dog owners treat their animals and treat them well. The platform hondenwet is also active on Facebook, which includes veterinarians explain the rules and give tips.

A first version of the hondenwet was ready in 2003, Amigoe wrote earlier, and in 2012 this law was approved by the Parliament of Aruba. Since January 1 this year, the law actually in force, the monitor, handing out fines and collecting dogs was not immediately possible yet.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/213072-h...r-gewaarschuwd

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Just came across by chance the FB site and video mentioned in above article:

Cuerpo Policial Aruba - Ley di Cacho t’ey pa yuda

https://www.facebook.com/korpspolitiearuba/videos/400111130181474/

Wow, just got done reading about the "Kill Cage" and I am deeply depressed! I guess I do not understand how they did such a great thing with the Donkey Sanctuary but with cats & especially dogs, nothing has been done. If I was to ever visit the "Kill Cage" area, I think I would go to every Hotel and tell them if they want the tourist to keep coming then donate a little money to ARF. My God, this is horrible. I will donate to Arf but they need more than my little donation.
    Thanks for letting me vent and yes, I am an animal lover.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123