Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Matthew ....in USA

Matthew ....in USA

Off topic..

... does not look good for us either. We are going to ride it through.
    There are two shelters that will take pets. One is the ghetto and the other is my work.
    However do have all my important things in the safe at the bank.. including passports.
    Have a generator that uses propane/gas. Had to drive to 90 miles round trip to refill my tanks...

Keep us in your prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    cathy/brady bear...stay safe
    you are now under a watch?

here east of tampa (lakeland..polk county) they are telling us if it stays on track, we will have sustained 40 - 60 mph winds....some bands of rain.

Hoping everyone in Matthew's path is taking precautions. Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Off topic..

... does not look good for us either. We are going to ride it through.
    There are two shelters that will take pets. One is the ghetto and the other is my work.
    However do have all my important things in the safe at the bank.. including passports.
    Have a generator that uses propane/gas. Had to drive to 90 miles round trip to refill my tanks...

Keep us in your prayers.
    Stay safe and update us when you can so we know you are safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to everyone in the path, looks like the storm will head out to sea before reaching VB. That's good news to me sitting here in the desert... Take care and be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Good luck to everyone in the path, looks like the storm will head out to sea before reaching VB. That's good news to me sitting here in the desert... Take care and be careful!
    Walt, please let us know how things are for you. I've seen quite a few reports of flooding in your area.

Thanks for thinking of us Tracey. From what I have seen online the place is a mess. There is widespread flooding in the area where our home is. I talked with Pam and she said everything is okay at the house, no damage from winds or water and amazingly she still had power. Most of the roads were impassable, my future DIL was stranded with a dead cell phone, at a closed gas station that had no power/rest rooms, literally less than two miles from our house for hours till my son figured it out and took my truck and went to rescue her. She was a wreck when she got back to the house. Meanwhile, it's in the low 100s here with no humidity or chance of rain. Hope the worst is over for everyone and y'all are getting things back to normal.

Thanks for thinking of us Tracey. From what I have seen online the place is a mess. There is widespread flooding in the area where our home is. I talked with Pam and she said everything is okay at the house, no damage from winds or water and amazingly she still had power. Most of the roads were impassable, my future DIL was stranded with a dead cell phone, at a closed gas station that had no power/rest rooms, literally less than two miles from our house for hours till my son figured it out and took my truck and went to rescue her. She was a wreck when she got back to the house. Meanwhile, it's in the low 100s here with no humidity or chance of rain. Hope the worst is over for everyone and y'all are getting things back to normal.
    Poor future DIL. Glad your son was able to figure it out and rescue her.

Hope everyone is doing well now. Cathi check in when you can
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    she must have been scared senseless.
    i am glad your son was able to get to her.

glad to hear that your home is ok!

thanks for sharing
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Jacki;
    Finally able to have wifi... well we made it through the storm. Just so blessed it wasn't a direct hit.
    We did have a lot of damage; but alive and safe. We live in a newer double wide modular home (some call it a mobile home.. but it's stronger)
    lost most of our trees, fence, and part of the roof. Min. water surge from the Rose Bay by our home. But all of that in material things that can be replaced.
    Some neighbors lost their whole home. But they thankful they left and are alive. Lou and Robert has been cleaning the elderly's homes as much as possible.
    I did too much raking and my shoulder is killing me.. just won't tell the dr.
    Once we get settled will post more..
    Again thank you everyone for your prayers...

Aruba since 1979
    the manufactured homes are stronger than the older model mobile homes.
    thank goodness you folks are ok, and i am glad that the damage was not as bad as it could have been.
    i am guessing that you have the hurricane rider on your homeowners policy?

it is a mess i am sure, and that is good that your husband and son are helping those in need.

rest your shoulder and thanks for posting cathy!

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Jacki;
    Finally able to have wifi... well we made it through the storm. Just so blessed it wasn't a direct hit.
    We did have a lot of damage; but alive and safe. We live in a newer double wide modular home (some call it a mobile home.. but it's stronger)
    lost most of our trees, fence, and part of the roof. Min. water surge from the Rose Bay by our home. But all of that in material things that can be replaced.
    Some neighbors lost their whole home. But they thankful they left and are alive. Lou and Robert has been cleaning the elderly's homes as much as possible.
    I did too much raking and my shoulder is killing me.. just won't tell the dr.
    Once we get settled will post more..
    Again thank you everyone for your prayers...
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast