• 2 Post By cindyo
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 3 Post By hatteras

Thread: Memorable Moments of the Holidays 2015

Memorable Moments of the Holidays 2015

Happy holidays! As we celebrate Christmas with unseasonably degree weather in Virginia, I have to smile at our day so far. We have been to 3 of our 4 stops and are driving to the last. I thought of this forum when my cousin's 5 year old daughter was asked what her favorite gift was. Her response was the Dunkin Donuts gift card Santa left in her stocking...she's 5..Lol! We have another Dunkin fan!
    I made a bone head move and grabbed the wrong flip flops when leaving my uncle's house. When they finally figured it out, my cousin had been looking for her flip flops for quite a while. My uncle said he's heard of gift exchanges but never flip flop swaps...lol...oops!
    I hope you all are enjoying your day as much as we are. The little kids have been my favorite part so far. My nephew who is almost 2 was more fascinated with my selfie stick than any of his gifts. And my cousin's 10 month old became good friends with Jon as soon as he saw pancakes, it was the fastest crawling I've ever seen!

Sorry for rambling! Merry Christmas!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a fun day. Merry Christmas!

Aruba since 1979
    hahahhahahaha imagine flip flop weather in Virginia at Christmas.

our day was quiet. we swam early, went to a gathering with tons of food and festivities.
    got home at 6:30...enough is enough.

out to the hot tub with a cup of tea.

and to all a good night
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Happy holidays! As we celebrate Christmas with unseasonably degree weather in Virginia, I have to smile at our day so far. We have been to 3 of our 4 stops and are driving to the last. I thought of this forum when my cousin's 5 year old daughter was asked what her favorite gift was. Her response was the Dunkin Donuts gift card Santa left in her stocking...she's 5..Lol! We have another Dunkin fan!
    I made a bone head move and grabbed the wrong flip flops when leaving my uncle's house. When they finally figured it out, my cousin had been looking for her flip flops for quite a while. My uncle said he's heard of gift exchanges but never flip flop swaps...lol...oops!
    I hope you all are enjoying your day as much as we are. The little kids have been my favorite part so far. My nephew who is almost 2 was more fascinated with my selfie stick than any of his gifts. And my cousin's 10 month old became good friends with Jon as soon as he saw pancakes, it was the fastest crawling I've ever seen!

Sorry for rambling! Merry Christmas!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    12 hours from now I'll be in the air.....
    Very nice day, actually not as hectic as I expected. Totally packed, pickup at 3:30 am
    My parents came for a few hours for dinner. My dad's 90 and mom's 84. They drove to see us.... Makes me very nervous.
    Kids said, " Mom, you did great this year. We don't have to return anything....". Ya, that's because I didn't buy them clothes.
    Highlights were daughter and fiancÚ opening the stockings that I made for them, Fitbit for me, Westie tie Rob loved and Jen drinking champagne for breakfast.
    Heres a few pics.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Memorable Moments of the Holidays 2015-image.jpg   Memorable Moments of the Holidays 2015-image.jpg   Memorable Moments of the Holidays 2015-image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

our day was quiet. we swam early, went to a gathering with tons of food and festivities.

and to all a good night
    It's crazy, everybody here was wearing shorts. We had to turn our AC when I was baking yesterday.
    If it wasn't raining it would be perfect. We are at my dad's lake house now...crazy time.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Very nice day, actually not as hectic as I expected. Totally packed, pickup at 3:30 am
    My parents came for a few hours for dinner. My dad's 90 and mom's 84. They drove to see us.... Makes me very nervous.
    Kids said, " Mom, you did great this year. We don't have to return anything....". Ya, that's because I didn't buy them clothes.
    Highlights were daughter and fiancÚ opening the stockings that I made for them, Fitbit for me, Westie tie Rob loved and Jen drinking champagne for breakfast.
    Heres a few pics.....
    Sounds like a great day!

Aruba since 1979
    safe and easy and fun travels to the Os.
    Cindy, I am so happy that your parents are well enough to be with you.
    God bless them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Heres a few pics.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

and to all a good night
    It got to 82 degrees here at the house yesterday! We had our nice quiet Christmas with my parents, kids and grand-kids...

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    It's crazy, everybody here was wearing shorts. We had to turn our AC when I was baking yesterday.
    If it wasn't raining it would be perfect. We are at my dad's lake house now...crazy time.
    It was about 80 degrees here in Richmond, Va yesterday. We turned on the air conditioning and it decided not to work. We ate Christmas dinner with the front door wide open and all of the windows open. This is the first Christmas that I ever remember when people were complaining about being hot. I agree with Tracey, if it would stop raining, it would be perfect. I could get used to these tropical winters.