Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Snidely

Thread: Menu Change

Menu Change

After 2 weeks eating and drinking in Paradise, I never knew how great a pot roast with mashed potatoes and carrots could taste. I do however wish the 'butt deep' snpw banks would have disappeared while we were gone. At least the children will be able to see tracks left by the Easter Bunny,
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

How was the food at the Tam?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    How was the food at the Tam?
    Overall, very good. Our 12th stay @ the Tam so we've learned what we do/do not like and order accordingly. No major menu changes at the restaurants. Some additions at the buffet, most notably for lunch. Based on previous comments, at Red Parrot/Paparazi we ordered beef 'rare' and it was served medium rare. Both were tasty/tender, however the loin @ Paparazi was succulent. Working on a trip report. Bottom line, we saw no deterioration of food quality and in some aspects noted improvements. There have always been items on the buffet we did not like. We just don't eat them and find something else. I think we're easiy pleased and not so easily upset. We're not in Aruba to eat/drink, we're there for the sun/beach and to swim in the ocean.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Good to hear. We are coming up on our 7th trip to the Divi in May and I was wondering if there had been any changes. When we can't find something we like on the buffet we generally just grab a pizza which is always good. I wasn't a big fan of Papparazi but we'll probably give it another try. My favorite is the coconut shrimp at the Red Parrot.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 03-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thumbs up

I am happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience.

Though we too go to Aruba for the beach, it is nice to have a good meal once in awhile and not live on pizza and Mexican fries

IF the price were right we might give it one more try.

Glad to know you had a good time .....hopefully your grandkids will NOT see easter bunny tracks in the snow, as I am hoping beyond hope that winter will be over by this weekend !!!
    Maybe just tracks in the mud.....
    And funny you should mention pot roast as that is what is in the oven right now...yum !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Good to hear. We are coming up on our 7th trip to the Divi in May and I was wondering if there had been any changes. When we can't find something we like on the buffet we generally just grab a pizza which is always good. I wasn't a big fan of Papparazi but we'll probably give it another try. My favorite is the coconut shrimp at the Red Parrot.
    Pegmeister, 5-6 yrs back Mimi tried the Coconut shrimp and didn't like the meal. She tried it this year and thought it was great. Same night I tried the tenderloin filet 'rare' which she tasted, like, and had on our next visit. It did appear to us that Red Parrot was short on waiters/staff. No delays in our service however it seemed the waiter were cross-covering tables to maintain consistent service. Good thing for the guests but the waiters were really humping it. If you do go to the Paparrazi and enjoy soup, give the Minestone a try. Was an excellent flavor exposion.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD