Aruba Beach

Thread: mid term elections in november 2010

Aruba since 1979

mid term elections in november 2010

are any of you so disgusted/disappointed/disheartened that you are not going to vote next month?

here in florida, the governor's race is incredibly negative and ugly between alex sink and rick scott.
    the senate race is not as ugly but still negative.....

paul and i have only been here 5 months and are not well versed on any of the issues here. it is a dilemma indeed.

what are your thoughts and opinions?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    actually, i am so disgusted/disappointed/disheartened that I AM going to vote. Usually I vote for governor & president. But now I am voting for every single election, even town ones. And I live in a tiny town of 4000 people. we don't even have a high school, lol. But as an independent, my new voting is this way. its time to clean house. so if the candidate has the word "re-elect" or "incumbent", they are out. i will then give everyone one term and if they haven't produced any decent results OR if its the same/same, then they are out and the next one comes in. i don't care what party they are, they are out. i have no loyalty to any party, only to what's best for this country AND us americans, not every other country on the planet first & us second, (which i think these politicians should try, it could become a novel idea, don't you think)???? America first, everyone else second....

I see no raise in SS in 2011, again...Yet ironically, Congress got a raise.

Aruba since 1979
    good ponts gaby!

I will definitely be voting and taking several other people (all in their mid-50's who have never voted before) to the polls.

I'd drag myself across broken glass to vote. Other people in this world are not as fortunate to have the right.

Every vote counts and if you don't believe me, don't vote, then it won't count. Think of all the elections in recent history that were decided by less than a few thousand votes, sometimes a few dozen, and those by convicted felons in prison. Is that who you want to decide your political future?

Vote early, vote often! (Which is what they still say in Philadelphia where every election is like Halloween when the dead rise to vote again.)

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/