Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Monsanto

Aruba since 1979
    please do not mix aruba chat into this mosanto discussion.
    this is not the category for aruba and i do not want anyone thinking that aruba and monsanto have any connection.
    thx

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    please do not mix aruba chat into this mosanto discussion.
    this is not the category for aruba and i do not want anyone thinking that aruba and monsanto have any connection.
    thx
    Sorry, Andrea, that was not at all my intention.

I will gladly edit my post and re-post that old article, please just let me know where it's appropriate. Thanks.

When I looked up information "March against Monsanto", I saw that people on Aruba protest against Monsanto as well. I will post that info, if it's alright.

Aruba since 1979
    no need to delete anything
    i just want this of topic thread to stay off topic

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no need to delete anything
    i just want this of topic thread to stay off topic
    Thanks. Will keep it that way.

CK1
    Arawak Mums shared a link.

May 25

Aruba Against Monsanto March: Tip #11 - We have no labeling laws on Aruba and it may take some time before we even get some products banned from import, but YOU can still control what you buy, there's an APP for that! Here's the iTunes link

Arawak Mums

May 25

Today on Aruba there's a march against Montsanto! Join by updating your profile pic!! I will be sharing 10 tips today on how you CAN fight this beast and eat healthy, organic! Tips for moms that are busy!! Get ready!

Now if someone can send me a list of products I should NOT buy and a place I can get good alternatives... that would be swell.,.. no use marching if I can't take real ACTION!!

(More info at link)

https://www.facebook.com/ArawakMums

CK1
    March Against Monsanto
    Event for Aruba PRO Organics By Daphne Agius Cesareo-Lejuez and 3 others

• Aruba
    • PLEASE SHARE and join us and people around the world this Saturday for this global event. For those in Aruba, since we do not have an official march, just show your support by changing your profile image if you agree that GMO foods should be labeled so that as consumers we can make educated choices about what we eat and feed our kids!

(More info at link)

https://www.facebook.com/events/319248891538377/?ref=22

CK1
    GMO / Genetically Modified Foods

Genetically Modified Foods, Plants, Animals, Additives, Body Products, Fish, Crops and Trees have had their genes manipulated, changed, and put into other species that normally they would not mate with, blend with, consume, or grow in. Incredible combinations have been produced, and have been found to have mutations, diseases, abnormalities and trigger other diseases that otherwise may have remained dormant.

Very little testing has been done on the health effects of humans ingesting and applying genetically modified products. Tests that have taken place show animals that refuse to eat Genetically Modified feed, who upon being force-fed the Genetically Modified feed develop lesions, abnormalities, disease…and some have died.

Dozens of countries have banned the import, sale, use and planting of Genetically Modified Organisms due to lack of testing and long term study of human health and environmental effects.

The U.S. does not only NOT ban GMO’s, manufacturers are not required to identify or label a GMO ingredient in their food or body products. A conservative estimate concludes that 75+ % of American foods and body products contain genetically modified organisms. Regardless of dozens of scientific warnings, the FDA has approved widespread use of GMO ingredients in America’s foods and body products.

The following countries have banned or restricted the import, distribution, sale, utilization, field trials and commercial planting of GMO’s:

• Africa: Algeria, Egypt
    • Asia: Sri Lanka, Thailand, China, Japan, Phillipines
    • Europe: The European Union, Norway, Austria, Germany United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Luxembourg, Portugal
    • Latin America: Brazil, Paraguay
    • Middle East: Saudi Arabia
    • North America: Maryland has banned GE (genetically engineered) fish and North Dakota and Montana have filed bans on GE wheat. The Municipalities of Burlington, Vermont (declared a moratorium on GE food), Boulder, Colorado (bans on GE crops) and the City and County of San Francisco (urged the federal government to ban GE food) are the only towns or states to take some sort of stand against plants, animals, foods, crops and body products that are, or contain Genetically Modified Organisms.
      NOTE: The U.S. government, and the FDA do not require anything Genetically Modified to be identified on ingredient lists. Genetically Modified foods and products are in widespread use and distribution throughout the U.S.
    • Pacific: American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Australia, New Zealand

Percentage of crops that are Genetically Modified in the U.S.:

• Soy (85%)
    • Cotton (Cottonseed) (76%)
    • Canola (75%)
    • Corn (40%)
    • Hawaiian papaya (more than 50%)
    • Zucchini and Yellow Squash (small amount)
    • Quest brand tobacco (100%)

http://www.purezing.com/living/toxin..._gmofoods.html

Interesting thread. I ran across something on Food Independence's Facebook page yesterday regarding Monsanto.

Unfortunately in my mind they immediately lost all credibility. Following their "source", I was lead to the website- theocculttruth- which opposed Monsanto AND had a separate category "proving" that 9-11 was not a terrorist attack, including a link, "Hijack 'suspects' alive and well". A good reminder for me at least, that not everything I read on the internet is a true fact.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Interesting thread. I ran across something on Food Independence's Facebook page yesterday regarding Monsanto.

Unfortunately in my mind they immediately lost all credibility. Following their "source", I was lead to the website- theocculttruth- which opposed Monsanto AND had a separate category "proving" that 9-11 was not a terrorist attack, including a link, "Hijack 'suspects' alive and well". A good reminder for me at least, that not everything I read on the internet is a true fact.
    Oh, absolutely! It's always good to be skeptical.

When I first read about Monsanto, I was as well skeptical. I wished it were just a hoax. And I appreciate every thought on that subject as I had stated in my opening post.

What keeps me very suspicious about Monsanto:

- Why was the "Monsanto Protection Act" slipped in as a rider an became a law? Why would it even be necessary to "protect" Monsanto if it were harmless? As there is not a lot of research done, why even have a law to protect Monsanto through the Supreme Court? What IF it's harmful to people, animals and/or the environment?

- Why was the Petition to repeal the "Monsanto Protection Act" on the Whitehouse website so quickly removed?

- Why does the mainstream media keep Monsanto out of the news? Despite getting global attention through the social media (Facebook etc)?

- Why is there no labeling of the food "GMO" or "GE" IF it's harmless? Why all the lobbying to keep the labeling out?

- Why is not more research done on GMO/GE food and it's consequences?

- Why destroy all the small farmers, take them to court etc so that Monsanto is possibly getting a Monopoly on the food market?

I just don't have a good feeling about all of this.

CK1
    Article in "The Morning News Aruba" dated June 6, 2013. Page 9:

Monsanto testing new GM wheat

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs...__june_6__2013

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast