Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My part of town weather....

We are hoping we don't get the sleet. The snow it lightweight right now but a layer of sleet on top will make everything too heavy and we have to worry more about power outages and structure damage.
    I'm guessing kids in northern Virginia will be out of school all week. My family near Buffalo laughs at us, but we just aren't used to more than a few inches here and there.
    I would rather have snow than ice any day.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well the good news is I don't have to do the treadmill today, lol. Hubby is snowblowing our house & neighbor's. I'm doing the deck stairs so the stray cats can get up to the deck if they want but they hunker down at our neighbor's garage cause their garage door is broken. Hubby made a path from the bottom of deck stairs through the yard, around the house to the driveway just in case the stray cats come that way, lol. I keep cleaning off the cars because its heavy and alot of snow and I don't want to wait til the end. but its great exercise. But we are in NJ and we are still getting snow but I swear it may be sleeting cause it felt like cold rain to me.

It's blue skies and sunny in Toronto and the temp is 19F/ minus 7C. No snow.

It seems like a lifetime ago that we were in 90 degree weather and it's only been six days!!
    Last edited by act1966; 01-23-2016 at 09:39 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Blue sky and 55 F (13 C) here in Central Texas. It was freezing cold last night but it starts to warm up again. 68 F (18 C) by Monday.

During that time of the year it's normal that the weather changes every three days, going from winter to mild summer temps.

Gaby, I love that you think about the stray cats. This kind of weather is so difficult for them.

Tracey, thanks for sharing the panda video. Who knew snow could be fun?! Hope the snow has let up where you are. We're just now getting some light flurries but boy has it been windy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tracey, thanks for sharing the panda video. Who knew snow could be fun?! Hope the snow has let up where you are. We're just now getting some light flurries but boy has it been windy!
    I've never seen snow like this. It's coming down harder this afternoon than it was before. We tried to get a measurement but its blowing around too much. I would guess about 20". This will paralyze our area for a few days at least.

Believe me Tracey, I sympathize! Getting 20 inches of snow where you are is a huge deal. I will admit though when our dog goes out in it I get a big kick out of her going head first into the snow pretending she's a snow plow! We don't seem to be getting much of anything though,more cold and windy then anything. Put on a huge pot of chili and some corn biscuits to warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Believe me Tracey, I sympathize! Getting 20 inches of snow where you are is a huge deal. I will admit though when our dog goes out in it I get a big kick out of her going head first into the snow pretending she's a snow plow! We don't seem to be getting much of anything though,more cold and windy then anything. Put on a huge pot of chili and some corn biscuits to warm up.
    I feel like that's all we have been doing all day is eating. I made sausage gravy for breakfast, then we had some left over ham and bean soup for lunch. We are debating between steaming shrimp or going to the potluck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast