Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasty plow drivers in RI

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Thumbs down Nasty plow drivers in RI

well, sunday my husband spent 2.5 hrs clearing the driveway and along comes the town plows...yep, filled the driveway with VW bug size bolders. My husband yelled...and yes, swore, at the driver. The driver calls the cops because he felt threatened, they come, my husband explains his frustration to him while the plow guys sits in his truck in front of our house...collecting 2x salary on sunday with a smirk on his face. (Something told me that wasn't right.) I took pics of the guy sitting there in front of our home. Payback was last nite...at 9pm we hear a truck outside our home and look to see a guy running to his truck with a chain attached to our mailbox. YEP, they ripped out the mailbox, right out of the ground. It was set in concrete and we heard the truck spiinning its wheels.
    SO, this morning, no mailbox, a call into the DPW, a police report, and a dectective on the case..... NOT a good morning here in RI.... Probably no resolution either....UGH !!!

To all those heading to ARUBA and in Aruba.......enjoy, and think of all this baloney we here with the snow have to put up with....

Holy ! That is just not right. Good for you for reporting it. People like that don't deserve having well paying jobs, even more so ones where they indirectly have to deal with the public.

Aruba since 1979
    my blood is boiling!
    what a terrible scenario.

imagine calling the cops because you are being sworn at!
    he felt threatened, not........a guy cursing and upset and another guy sitting inside a 3 ton piece of machinery. ya threatening my arse.

some folks are just plain morons

i think the mailbox caper may fall under "federal" guidelines/rules.

i hope your day gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    well, sunday my husband spent 2.5 hrs clearing the driveway and along comes the town plows...yep, filled the driveway with VW bug size bolders. My husband yelled...and yes, swore, at the driver. The driver calls the cops because he felt threatened, they come, my husband explains his frustration to him while the plow guys sits in his truck in front of our house...collecting 2x salary on sunday with a smirk on his face. (Something told me that wasn't right.) I took pics of the guy sitting there in front of our home. Payback was last nite...at 9pm we hear a truck outside our home and look to see a guy running to his truck with a chain attached to our mailbox. YEP, they ripped out the mailbox, right out of the ground. It was set in concrete and we heard the truck spiinning its wheels.
    SO, this morning, no mailbox, a call into the DPW, a police report, and a dectective on the case..... NOT a good morning here in RI.... Probably no resolution either....UGH !!!

To all those heading to ARUBA and in Aruba.......enjoy, and think of all this baloney we here with the snow have to put up with....

Andrea, I will call the post office and see if this falls under federal laws. Thanks for the idea !!!
    Thanks for the sympathy too you guys.....I am still fuming !

NOPE... stolen mailboxes not covered under federal laws unless they are owned by the USPS.
    outa luck, though good idea, thanks andrea...

Geeze. Sounds like something you would see on Judge Judy!

As nasty as people from New Jersey are supposed to be, all three of the towns I've lived in have had very nice plow operators.

A couple of years ago, one operator saw me struggling to clear the end of my drive. He waved me aside and plowed it with the truck.

So, I think the guy you have would be an A**hole no matter what job he was doing. I hope you take him to court and win. And I hope he loses his job over it.

I don't know what part of NJ you're from but in the last 5 years we have had the sewer grate in front of our house torn out twice and a chunk of the curb at the corner removed by snow plows!!!! You'd think they wouldn't want to destroy their equipment??!!
    Easter in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by palmtre2 View Post
    You'd think they wouldn't want to destroy their equipment??!!
    Ah, BUT it is not "their" equipment it is the taxpayer's. Not their's so they just don't give a darn.

My story gets better as the day goes on....the driver of the truck on sunday, is not the owner. The owner is a fireman in town. The detective hauls the driver in and questions him. He says he was with his mom, and his own personal truck has not trauma to the trailer hitch or any marks in the hardened snow in his bed.
    Our suspisions are that he went with a friend in their truck, not his own personal truck. The detective says keep our eyes open.
    Meanwhile the top of the mailbox minus the stand is sitting on a mound of snow tipping. As the snow melts it gets lower to the ground. Wonder if the mailman will deliver when its on the ground.....UGH.............
    We feel so violated....and wonder if mores coming........
    Thanks for listening to me drone on guys............

Cindyo - You have every right to be angry. I think we are all kind of angry on your behalf as well.

Palmtre2 - South Jersey. Near Philly. We have a grate in front of our house as well. No probs so far. (Now I've said that, you KNOW what will happen this year!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast