Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 3 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By Pegmeister
  • 3 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By schexc

Thread: National French Fry Day

  1. #1
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,303

    National French Fry Day

    Today is National French Fry Day in the US. I wonder why Aruba doesn't have a national French fry day? The fries on the island are some of the best anywhere. Best fry moment was on our first trip when we received an order of fries with our tacos at Taco Bell. That was a first, and those fries were delicious.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,753
    ahhh french fries..........I am so carb deprived that this word sound delightful!

    we have found that the fries are wonderful at cafe 080 and local store.


    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Today is National French Fry Day in the US. I wonder why Aruba doesn't have a national French fry day? The fries on the island are some of the best anywhere. Best fry moment was on our first trip when we received an order of fries with our tacos at Taco Bell. That was a first, and those fries were delicious.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,308
    I was just going to say I like the fries with the garlic sauce at. Cafe 080

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,753
    I think a shrine needs to be built outside cafe' 080 .....a shrine to "our lady of fries"



    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I was just going to say I like the fries with the garlic sauce at. Cafe 080

  5. #5
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,303
    Gotta agree with Café 080 and Local Store. Amazingly, Carlito's serves a good plate of fries too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,389
    I thought every day in Aruba was french fry day



    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I was just going to say I like the fries with the garlic sauce at. Cafe 080
    What other items on the menu do you recommend?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    What other items on the menu do you recommend?
    It’s kind of funny but the only thing we have ever had there was fries and garlic sauce. They have a lot of Dutch specialties. The building is in a residential area on a corner. Good place to people watch. We found everyone coming in to be super friendly.

  9. #9
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    What other items on the menu do you recommend?
    We usually get a few things and share, I like just about everything they have. The Frikandel Special is my favorite, with fries of course! http://cafe080.com/menu/

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,753
    we love the chicken sate at cafe 080.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We usually get a few things and share, I like just about everything they have. The Frikandel Special is my favorite, with fries of course! http://cafe080.com/menu/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO