Aruba Beach

Thread: Need help with Canon SD100

Need help with Canon SD100

I just got a new camera for our trip coming up in November, and for some reason I can't get the camera window function to work which is how the pictures are transferred to my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the supplied software a few times and tried just plugging in the usb cable for a direct transfer but no luck.
    Can anyone shed some light on the situation?
    Thanks

-RC

With the camera connected directly to your computer via USB have you tried going to "my computer" and searching for the file manually? I forget the name of the location with my Olympus connected, but it does show up as something different than the C:, D:, E:, F; etc. drives. Maybe check that first before you connect to see a "before" and "after".

FWIW, I take very large file sized photos and bought a Lexar card reader for downloading directly from the card and it is light years faster in downloading.

Good luck.

Thanks again Arubalisa I can always count on you for a quick answer!
    When I try in my computer I can open the camera folder, but its empty, even though there are pictures on the camera.
    I picked up a card reader on ebay today so I won't have to deal with this but call me crazy...I'd like it to work the way its supposed to
    Oh well, as long as I figure something out before November : )

I know almost nothing about cameras, but an option is to go to CVS, Walgreens and download the pix to a CD....then upload from the CD.

I like Arubalisa's answer (card reader...pretty cheap). But....when you tried to download...did you look at the camera?....on my Olympus cameras....after USB is connected, you have to click on "PC" which appears on the image view finder of the camera to download.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Yeah i followed the manual exactly because obviously I assumed I was the problem and not the camera (mistake). I got on a Canon forum and apparently the software they package with the camera is GARBAGE. They all told me to pick up a memory card reader so i hopped on good old e-bay. Thanks for your help everybody

I do not use my Olympus software either.