Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Suggestions for All Inclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Do the DR and Jamaica both have vendors selling trinkets on the beach and hounding you all day long?

Better beach- Puerto Plata or Punta Cana?
    You have to be careful if you leave the resorts in the DR or Jamaica. I have friends that have been assaulted just outside the resorts on both islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    The only reason I dont want to go back to Jamaica is that the ride to Negril from the Airport is HORRIBLE! It is about 1 hour 20 mins away.
    Thanks I enjoyed your review. Negril is out because of the ride. My grandmother is 96 and she travels well, but a ride like that would do her in. Ocho Rios is pushing my luck.
    MoBay there is really nothing that catches my fancy.
    Will look more later at Punta Cana. $411 rt from ATL vs. $750+ rt to Aruba. Multiply everything by 10 -13 people and the $$$ numbers add up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Thanks I enjoyed your review. Negril is out because of the ride. My grandmother is 96 and she travels well, but a ride like that would do her in. Ocho Rios is pushing my luck.
    MoBay there is really nothing that catches my fancy.
    Will look more later at Punta Cana. $411 rt from ATL vs. $750+ rt to Aruba. Multiply everything by 10 -13 people and the $$$ numbers add up quick.

Ya. The north side of the island the beaches are not as nice, water is rough.

When I looked into DR i was looking at the Paradisus Punta Cana. I might have gone there if it wasn't so damn hot in DR in the summer.
    Decided to take down my timer!

We went to Punta Cana about 6-7 years ago.

The beach was beautiful! Almost comparable to Aruba.

We were told not to leave the resort alone as it could be unsafe. Only use hotel recommended comapanies for group excursions.

The water purification in DR?????!?!?!!!!! ONLY USE BOTTLED WATER!!!!!!!!!! Everyone in our group ended up getting sick during our vacation even though we were careful with everything we ate or drank.

I don't think I would return to the DR, but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by jarchamb; 07-17-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12