Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need you fine folks to do some prayers for SUN

Aruba since 1979
    thanks all
    it is not good here
    awake all night with tornado warnings being sounded on the noaa weather alarm.
    at 5 am, we unplugged it AND removed the battery.
    since the rain began on thursday, we have had about 9" and 6 of those inches came in the last 24 hrs.
    current alert is a tornado watch til 8 pm.
    ponds are full and travel throughout our community is slow going.
    feeling like a caged animal in the house.
    dear son is perfectly happy to be tv watching and grocery gulping.
    one of our forum members lives in the homosassa area and they have gotten battered.

aside from the tornados, this is a rain event with only a few infrequent wind gusts.

yesterday we braved it, drove 18 miles to a winery for a tour and wine tasting.
    if you are ever in the tampa area, check out Keel and Curley winery YUM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I am so sorry to hear about and watch the news on your weather....!!! I am thinking of you and Sherry and hope you have no flooding.

andrea, did you see the sun a few hours ago? it lasted about 5 minutes before a big dark cloud covered it.

I've been watching it as Rob and his daughter arrived yesterday. As of this morning, they were talking about coming home since the forecast called for heavy rain for days. Haven't heard from them since then so I'm hoping the sun came out??!! I knew as long as you had food and tv dear son would be happy. Have two of those myself - one who is sitting across from me with a plate of pasta that would feed 4 normal people!! Hunker down, be safe and dream of Aruba sunshine!!

Hope you survived Debby. It looks like she's moving east - thankfully. Heading your way tomorrow!! Hopefully the sun will shine!!

Aruba since 1979
    safe, fun and dry travels

Just wanted to let you know - got to Florida Wed. night and it was clear, but hot - yikes. Must be what Aruba is like without the wind! Great time though - SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Garden - wish I had worn a pedometer. A lot of walking!! But the 13 year old loved every minute so it was worth it. And I must say - so did I! Wish I could have stayed longer but darn, had to get back to work. Hope your son enjoyed his visit and got to see some sun!

Aruba since 1979
    yup it is hot in FLA.
    very

but, not like a lot of the usa where it is hotter and more humid

glad you had fun at the theme parks.

Aruba since 1979
    now it is time to turn our prayers to less heat for those that are affected by the severe heat wave.

and also for fast and easy recovery from the horrific storms that ravaged the mid atlantic states.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123