Aruba Beach
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Retagger
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By danadog56
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Noise Cancelling Headphones

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Our last couple of trips had some pretty fussy children that were hard to tune out. I'm thinking of investing in some of these headphones. Does anyone use them? Do they work with the jacks on the plane so that you can listen to the movie? When I was looking on line I noticd they had different versions for Apple and Androids so that raised the question about the jacks on the plane.

Peg - do you like the kind that fit in your ear or the type that cover your ear?

I have two pair of the newest over the ear noise canceling headphones from Bose. (One for my wife and one for me). They are not cheap, but they are worth every penny. The Bose comes with several adapters for phones and airplanes. I even use them on my tractor when cutting grass. They work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I have two pair of the newest over the ear noise canceling headphones from Bose. (One for my wife and one for me). They are not cheap, but they are worth every penny. The Bose comes with several adapters for phones and airplanes. I even use them on my tractor when cutting grass. They work great.
    i agree with Retagger. I really like Bose as well: you pay through the nose for them but it's worth the price.

I think I prefer headphones that cover the ear. I was looking at the Bose but didn't want to spend the money if I couldn't use them to watch a movie

I'm sure it will be fine if it comes with adapters. The few planes we were just on were single jack style - you should be able to check before purchasing them in person.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I also have the Bose and yes, you can use them on the plane. As Jacki mentioned they come with adaptors.....
    I also have a smaller set of Panasonic but they are not quit as quiet....however, they are cheaper, take wear and tear very well and if you increase volume a little they work just fine....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    My DH and I also have our own sets of Bose, I have a newer set which is smaller and I prefer. They work great and I even use them to watch movies on my kindle while flying. We use a spliter so we can each watch on one jack. Expensive but best gift I ever bought DH, he uses them every day to play his music/videos on his computer.