Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Noise Cancelling Headphones - Looking for Recommendations

Noise Cancelling Headphones - Looking for Recommendations

I know some of you are frequent travelers so I figured it was worth a shot to ask here. I am looking for recommendations for noise cancelling headphones for work. I would rather not spend Bose money, but if they really work and are worth it, I can.

I'm getting bumped from my own office back to an open cubicle area due to some restructuring. This is an area where some of the people like to make annoying noises all day long. I'm not looking forward to the change. Popping gum, crunching ice, clicking their pen, eating family size bags of chips and crunching all day, knuckle cracking, its a nonstop cornucopia of sounds that drive me insane. On a positive note, I get a window which I haven't had in a few years.

Aruba since 1979
    one of my water aerobics people uses these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXLNIGB?psc=1

i asked her about them the other day and she gave me the name and the link.
    she likes these a lot.

I had the Bose headphones many years ago. I will be honest the headphones were not great IMO. It was probably their originally version so I am sure its better now I just don't know how much better. I just felt like I had an expensive pair of headphones that should have worked better based on the price/hype.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-01-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    one of my water aerobics people uses these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXLNIGB?psc=1

i asked her about them the other day and she gave me the name and the link.
    she likes these a lot.
    I like those and have something similar. I think I need to go with the over the ear headphones rather than ear buds so people can visibly see them and I don't get accused of being rude and ignoring people when my back is to them.

Oh boy...sounds like tons of fun! Sorry Tracey.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Oh boy...sounds like tons of fun! Sorry Tracey.
    The hits just keep coming. Good thing I get a lot of vacation time

Ugh! I had an open cubicle episode where the woman next to me used to clip her nails all the time. That sound! When sitting I couldn't see what was happening but the image of those things flying everywhere used to get on my nerves.

Tracey, go with over the ear for sure. I find them to be infinitely more comfortable, especially if you are wearing them for an extended period of time. You are going to spend some money, but they are an investment in your hearing health and your sanity. I used to have a pair of Sony's I used that weren't as great as Bose, but helped and kept me from having to deal with chatty seatmates on longer flights. Here's a good link to start your search: https://www.cnet.com/topics/headphon...ise-canceling/

Quote Originally Posted by Susan&Sunshine View Post
    Ugh! I had an open cubicle episode where the woman next to me used to clip her nails all the time. That sound! When sitting I couldn't see what was happening but the image of those things flying everywhere used to get on my nerves.
    I had a boss that did the nail clipping on his office and I could hear it. It always creeped me out.

I have two (one for me and the other for my wife) of the latest Bose noise cancelling headphones and they are great! I highly recommend them. Perfect for airplane noise and crying babies on the airplane. I even use them when cutting my grass on a riding mower. Best headphones I have ever used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast