Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Non-Aruba Weekend

Non-Aruba Weekend

We spent the last weekend in Delaware at a baseball tournament. It was NOT Aruba. It was no where near Aruba, even though the 3 night hotel stay cost me just about as much as a week Timeshare rental in Aruba does....

Then we decided to hit the beach since we had some free time Saturday afternoon. This is a pic of my son riding a wave in the Ocean. Eww.Non-Aruba Weekend-not-aruba.jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    not aruba
    did the kids have fun at the bball tourney?
    you have less than a month!

They did - they were exhausted, and there was some fighting with some really slimy teams (and their parents), but our kids had a great time. They only won one game, but got some great experience and made memories to last a life time! Next time we go away for a tournament I'm betting they won't stay up till 4am the first night....

Aruba since 1979
    the slimey parents need to let their kids be kids.

the wave "brown water" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    They did - they were exhausted, and there was some fighting with some really slimy teams (and their parents), but our kids had a great time. They only won one game, but got some great experience and made memories to last a life time! Next time we go away for a tournament I'm betting they won't stay up till 4am the first night....

Parking was horrendous in the town of Rehoboth Beach! Every single spot is metered parking, but the meters did accept credit cards ($2 per hour - with a max of $20 that would give you till midnight) and they also had an app that you could download to add time to the meter, if you knew your meter number.

But, on the positive, the beach was free to get on and a cop came over to us only once to tell us to hide the obvious alcohol containers and use something more discreet and he would look the other way.

I just love Rehoboth Beach. We stayed at the Boardwalk Hotel years ago. I got such a big kick out of seeing the streets get washed at night. Do they still do that? We also went deep sea fishing and took a day to drive to Chincoteague and see the wild ponies. It's a great spot for a vacation.

Nothing better than good family quality time
    Thank you for sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I just love Rehoboth Beach. We stayed at the Boardwalk Hotel years ago. I got such a big kick out of seeing the streets get washed at night. Do they still do that? We also went deep sea fishing and took a day to drive to Chincoteague and see the wild ponies. It's a great spot for a vacation.
    I really don't know. We just went for the day. We stayed in Georgetown, close to the "Sports at the Beach" Baseball Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Parking was horrendous in the town of Rehoboth Beach! Every single spot is metered parking, but the meters did accept credit cards ($2 per hour - with a max of $20 that would give you till midnight) and they also had an app that you could download to add time to the meter, if you knew your meter number.

But, on the positive, the beach was free to get on and a cop came over to us only once to tell us to hide the obvious alcohol containers and use something more discreet and he would look the other way.
    Red solo cups. LOL We now have found hard plastic cups made to look like red solo cups and we take them everywhere. The first ones we found were in Aruba and have the Balashi logo on them.

Ahhhhh, the brown Atlantic ocean water. My kids knew no better until their first trip to Aruba. We are all so spoiled with the beautiful waters surrounding Aruba.

very nice of the cop to cut you a break !!! I usually bring my silver sippy cup filled with rum and a couple other sippy cups for mixing.....works well !!!
    Hopefully your other tournament will be as fun as this one.....used to go to Rehoboth years ago, but since Aruba nothing ever seems to compare....we are all very spoiled !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast