Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Not Aruba but it's a get away.

  1. #1
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,889

    Not Aruba but it's a get away.

    Well it's not my dream vacation but it's a vacation.
    I am leaving today to head to Tampa for two days pre cruise.
    Decided to go there earlier due to the Pro Bowl traffic in Orlando (wish I could go but will be on a ship)
    Then there is an event called Gasprilla of the pirates in Tampa. Which we are going to the Parade..
    But the main reason is I want to go to the Taste of Boston for some fried Haddock and of course whole bellied clams.

    My poor fur babies Sir Brady Bear of Fenway (Brady) and Duke Tyson Belichek of Gillette (Tyson) knows we are leaving.. both have are taking stuff out of my suitcase and packing their toys.
    Did buy them extra treats for bedtime. Sitters are two siblings down the street. So grateful kids too. I gave them each $100.00 they gave us the biggest hugs and said "we only wanted $100.00 total" now we can buy new backpacks for school.
    NO you won't I have brand new ones that were sitting in the closet. The girl I gave her a bunch of clothes that was left behind.
    I leave snacks, water and etc for the kids too. So everytime they come over they can grab a quick snack and drink
    Both kids have to "earn" what that "want" by doing extra chores... and can only earn the extra chores if their "grades" are A's & B"s
    When they left they gave us the biggest hugs.. omg I wanted to cry. Did text their mom and told her that she has two great young adults respect that she should be very proud of. Very well mannered and respectful.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    4,402
    A vacation is a vacation! It made me smile when I read "Taste of Boston" in Tampa! We are really spoiled in this area when it comes to seafood. Had fried clams and scallops yesterday at a local spot. I think I take it for granted!

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,126
    Enjoy!
    when r u going to Great Catch/taste of Boston?
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Well it's not my dream vacation but it's a vacation.
    I am leaving today to head to Tampa for two days pre cruise.
    Decided to go there earlier due to the Pro Bowl traffic in Orlando (wish I could go but will be on a ship)
    Then there is an event called Gasprilla of the pirates in Tampa. Which we are going to the Parade..
    But the main reason is I want to go to the Taste of Boston for some fried Haddock and of course whole bellied clams.

    My poor fur babies Sir Brady Bear of Fenway (Brady) and Duke Tyson Belichek of Gillette (Tyson) knows we are leaving.. both have are taking stuff out of my suitcase and packing their toys.
    Did buy them extra treats for bedtime. Sitters are two siblings down the street. So grateful kids too. I gave them each $100.00 they gave us the biggest hugs and said "we only wanted $100.00 total" now we can buy new backpacks for school.
    NO you won't I have brand new ones that were sitting in the closet. The girl I gave her a bunch of clothes that was left behind.
    I leave snacks, water and etc for the kids too. So everytime they come over they can grab a quick snack and drink
    Both kids have to "earn" what that "want" by doing extra chores... and can only earn the extra chores if their "grades" are A's & B"s
    When they left they gave us the biggest hugs.. omg I wanted to cry. Did text their mom and told her that she has two great young adults respect that she should be very proud of. Very well mannered and respectful.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    508
    Gasparilla Day in Tampa is a blast. They even die the river Green. You'll have a fun time in warm weather!
    Sean and Susan

  5. #5
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,946
    What cruise line and ports?

  6. #6
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,889
    We are going tonight... hopefully. So dying for whole bellied clams...



    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Enjoy!
    when r u going to Great Catch/taste of Boston?

  7. #7
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,889
    We are doing Carnival Pride.. doing a western with stops at Cozumel (doing a private jeep tour/beach/ lunch and drinks)
    Cayman (adventure with the turtles) Belize (jeep adventure tours, with stops at the zoo, four wheeling, drinks, lunch & drinks
    last is Hondurus.. just a beach day
    We purchase FTTF (faster to the fun) pass. Gets you on/off the ship first. But most important your cabin is ready by 11 am and your luggage is brought to your room first.
    Worth the few dollars..
    In Cozumel I will purchase all my meds without rx.
    Last edited by brady bear; 01-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    2,081
    Love the faster to the fun slogan, funny how we all pay extra just to board planes, cruises etc. first. It is worth it in my opinion. My husband loves whole belly clams but hasn't had them for quite some time, may have search for a nearby restaurant to treat him. Trip sounds like tons of fun, well deserved too!

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,126
    Tracey and Jon would love Gasparilla.

    It is just like Mardi Gras except with drunken pirates.
    It is a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Love the faster to the fun slogan, funny how we all pay extra just to board planes, cruises etc. first. It is worth it in my opinion. My husband loves whole belly clams but hasn't had them for quite some time, may have search for a nearby restaurant to treat him. Trip sounds like tons of fun, well deserved too!

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,126
    the nudists get onboard when brady bear disembarks.
    http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/231831034-story

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO