Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Not Aruba but it's a get away.

Sounds like a great cruise. We have not cruised Carnival but I may have to try it. Relax and have a wonderful time.

Just got our car. Takes longer to get off the ship then going through customs from Aruba

Thursday we were in Belize Again another private tour
    Our tour guide Jose met us outside the gate holding a sign with my name on it
    We jumped into a jeep. First stop breakfast and had us pick out some snacks and drinks. He then took us to the zoo. A small zoo with most being rescue animals
    We were the only ones in the zoo too.
    He explained every animal ... how and why they got there. The zoo looks and feels like a real jungle..some of the animals do roam around.
    Jose who is a true native too so we did get educated all day
    Next stop we got into our own 4x4 open jeeps and got to four wheel through another jungle. This was so much fun. Going through the water, mud, hills and extra
    Saw a crocodile too. He had us stopped and climbed up into caves.. in the caves he explained some natives still live in them. Heck to the nay for me. Bats lots of baby bats flying in them. He explained that most of Belize catch the rain water to drink using large barreles with cheese cloths catching the dirt
    Realizing we Americans are really blessed...kids do not go pass 8th grade unless their parents pay $$$ for each grade, books and uniforms. They live in houses that aren't completely built.
    He then took us for a homemade lunch of bbq chicken, rice n beans, Potala salad, and sponge cake...drinks were supplied all day. Had the opportunity to go to the native shopping center were i bought more spices, hand crafted sign and of course their rum.
    This tour lasted 7 hrs long and honestly can say one of our favorites too.
    Gave him an extra well deserved tip.
    We walked around the port and caught the tender back to the ship

Wow what a tour.

Friday we were in the Cayman being there several times we did the turtle lagoon swim. Just a very lazy day.
    Did some last minute shopping. Pick up some liquor for friends.
    We decided to go to the Lido deck for dinner.. just wanted pizza and a salad.
    While we were leaving a Security Guard stopped us ask if my name was "Catherine?" I said yes sir.. Is there something wrong? He stated "yes" a lady behind you in line thinks you took her 4 candy bars. WTH??? can we please go to your cabin? Sure.. as we were walking down to my cabin, I can recall the lady behind me, she was in a wheelchair being pushed by her son. When we checked in through security she walked very well. As we were checking in all our liquor she starts to yell.. my candy, my candy I had 4 candy bars.. she point to my husband it's in his bag. What??l they checked his bags and said no it's liquor.
    Mean time this lady is flipping out like a mad woman.
    Okay we are now in my cabin. We invited them into look for themselves. They declined but ask us to look for a blue bag. We looked but we didn't have any candy bars.. they (two) if you find them please bring them to guest service.
    That same evening I found a tablet with $$ in it and went to guest service.. the same security guard sees me and ask us "did you find the candy?" NO I found somebody's tablet with $$ (don't know how much didn't count it) and returning it.. also told him we had no candy, nor did we take anyone's candy by accident and do like like to be accused of theft.. here I am turning in a tablet that I found in the bathroom stall and with money in it too.
    They told us sorry ... they had to investigate cause the lady was missing her candy bars..
    Believe me this lady did not need candy either. lol

Saturday was a sea day..

Sunday.. with faster to the fun. We paid 49. per cabin. This gets you aboard after priority guest. Your cabin is ready right away. When you tender you go first vs fighting through the crowds. Guest service there is a special line (for candy theft people) you get to disembark first too.
    We did not get off the ship till 9:15 due to customs and had to wait for hotel shuttle to pick us up to get our car.

Much rather do Aruba vs cruise.. will give pro's and cons later.

Aruba since 1979
    i am disgusted reading about the stolen candy and you 2 being falsely accused.
    how embarrassing?!!!!

once you have cruised X amount of days with carnival you hit platinum status allowing prioity boarding, priority lines at customer service (aka purser's office) early disembarking etc.. we hit that # a few years ago and now are about 50 nights from being diamond. sadly, they do not allow the diamond or platinum status to carry over to their other brands (Holland America, Costa) we feel like we are locked in to Carnival due to the platinum status. we much prefer Holland America, but get no upgrades or perks with them.

welcome home.

get the snacks out, put your feet up and turn on the game!!

Yes, Carnival has changed a lot. We are Diamond Plus with RCCL and Princess too.
    Oh, the best for ya all that are wondering about the "naked cruise.."
    it is chartered .. I seen people getting out of taxi/shuttles to go to this cruise. They were from 22 to 92+ I really was traumatized by some of the future guest.
    But spoke to some of the crew members and those who did not want to be part of this event can go to another ship however can not come back to the Pride after this sailing too.. we met a few young ladies who chose to jump ship.
    I am with them not my cup of tea or cup of anything..
    They must wear clothing in the dining rooms.. and if in port they can not go out in public while in port. There will be nudist shore excursions too.
    Some of the activities such as comedy guys are hoping none sit up in the front row..lol
    Just wondering how many will be cheering for the Patriots?? I am so sure there will be a lot of deflating and bouncing around.
    Since it is chartered they do have their "special events" too.
    They will be in Key West with their "special" parade and most will participate all "painted up"
    This event is really huge and believe it or not they pack a lot for this too.

Sorry to hear you were accused of something so silly & petty. The Belize tour sounds absolutely amazing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What an awful experience. Especially over candy bars. It will give you something to remember. It is nice to get away and you had an amazing vacation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234