Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: This is Nuts!

  1. #1
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898

    Wink This is Nuts!

    This is Nuts!-shearling-flip-flop.jpg
    I cracked up when I saw these in the new catalog. Can't think of anything less practical! I had to share..... especially for my Northern friends.... from LL Bean. Can't image how these are in the sand!

    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/83172?feat=shearling slippers-SR0&page=women-s-wicked-good-flip-flops

  2. #2
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,798
    I can only assume they are for at home in the winter or maybe a hunting cabin ????
    Either way they would be in the trash 5 minutes after I bought them......hate anything hot on my feet......O, except the sand in Aruba !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,944
    hahaha i saw them in the bean catalog and thought they'd be great for here (florida) in the cooler months Dec - Feb.
    i have a pair of lined crocs and they are awesome but are a little raggedy now.
    paul and i both like ll bean products and love their warranty!

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahaha i saw them in the bean catalog and thought they'd be great for here (florida) in the cooler months Dec - Feb.
    i have a pair of lined crocs and they are awesome but are a little raggedy now.
    paul and i both like ll bean products and love their warranty!
    DD in Walpole informs me that she's gotta have them!

  5. #5
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Definitely not beach wear! Would wear them as slippers

  6. #6
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,759
    Nuts or Awesome? We were having the flip flop discussion last night... how long do you wear them? I wear flip flops as absolutely long as I possibly can every year. I even have Tabi socks I buy in Japan so I can wear them into the winter months. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that they were womens...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,679
    I wear flops as slippers in the winter. These would be perfect! Guess, I'm a little nuts!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Nuts or Awesome? We were having the flip flop discussion last night... how long do you wear them? I wear flip flops as absolutely long as I possibly can every year. I even have Tabi socks I buy in Japan so I can wear them into the winter months. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that they were womens...
    For me...... flip flops, clogs or as a back up plan boat shoes year round and no socks outside of work and only Happy Socks for work! That may be too much personal information for some of you!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    They would be a huge hit here in the south! Dh has "bus duty" at school and constantly listens to whining from other teachers who are standing with soaked feet when it rains. Yup! You guessed it they are wearing flip flops!

  10. #10
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    For me...... flip flops, clogs or as a back up plan boat shoes year round and no socks outside of work and only Happy Socks for work! That may be too much personal information for some of you!
    I just don't like wearing shoes period, although my work requires a closed toe shoe. I wear flip flops "solely" for the protection and the fact that you can't go into most places without shoes. I keep going back and looking at that ad and I've decided that I'm going to order a pair in size 11 and see how they fit. With Bean's excellent return policy, if there is something about them that doesn't work, I'll just ship them back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO