Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    the CEO of the ATA is RONELLA CROES
    you can reach her at
    r.tjinasjoe@aruba.com

my suggestion is to give her the whole lowdown on the flight difficulties/prices/schedules. (i would have said taxes too, but she cannot address canada's taxes)

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Randi - I pm'd you. Acquaman (John) on this message board has had lots of success booking charter pricing via Thomas Cook and WestJet . . . we need to get the support of the ATA (Aruba Travel Authority) to lobby WestJet with us and have them open up direct service from Toronto . . . is anyone at ATA listening to this??? :-)
    Michael

Hi Randi,

Having flown from Toronto to Aruba and back over the past 6+ years, I have certainly had my ups and downs with different airlines (pun intended) Service now is better from Toronto than it has been in past years. Previously Air Canada only flew in between Dec15--April 15th (the high season) and primarily to accommodate Air Canada Vacations customers. Last year things changed. WestJet signed an agreement with Aruba to fly in off season and have been doing so this year. This awoke Air Canada who also started off season flights. Air Canada leave every Saturday around noon and WestJet fly on Sunday. Both of the airlines operate on a charter basis for Sunquest and other tour operators. When hotel/flight packages are not sold out, remaining seats on the aircraft are then offered via the likes of itravel2000, TripCentral etc. The prices tumble as the departure date nears. Today's WestJet flight dropped from 499 to 299 to 169 (plus taxes) over a 2 week period. It is my understanding that WestJet is studying passenger loads and demand to determine whether a service offered by them direct is feasible.

At present, Canadian carrier options are Air Canada, WestJet (both through Tour operators.) There is a new entrant into the field starting in early November...that is the classy Sunwing Airlines. Their fares are reasonable and you can book direct with them. Take a look at their site www.sunwing.ca ...go to flights and enter your dates. You will see that their fares vary depending on date. WARNING: As all of these are charter flights the duration of the trip is generally limited to a maximum stay of 14 days. I do understand that with Sunwing you can apply to have that extended depending upon space.

Hope this enlightens the Toronto to Aruba flight situation with these charter operators. Note that there are also the scheduled airline flights and if you shop and choose a non peak day for travel it is sometimes possible to get even better fares.

Aquaman
    Last edited by aquaman; 10-02-2011 at 12:04 PM.

John - great summary - more than I understood from our email convos . . . I do hope WestJet begins regularly scheduled service at a reasonable price versus having to chance with charters. Michael

Just keeping the Oh Canada thread alive . . . LOL . . . come on Canucks . . . get your ski-doo suit off and head to this paradise . . . you will want to come back time and time again.
    Michael

Hi Aquaman,
    I am sorry but I missed your reply on flights. I don't live in Toronto so my quest for flights is generally done knowing that I must travel on a 2 flight journey to Aruba. Going to Toronto is a nice option if prices were reasonable as the flights from are plentiful to Toronto and dealing with weather issues in the winter are more easily handled than in some of the US cities we can fly to.

Thomas Cook has a charter leaving Saturday and Sundays to Aruba, however, with taxes the flights are approx. $1100 during the busy season. The taxes through Pearson airport are higher than going to Charlotte or Philly. We would still have to pay for a flight to Toronto so we are almost back to an unreasonable amount of money. To fly USAir, for example, we can fly to Aruba via Charlotte (all in one day) for the cost around $1000.

Perhaps, if more airlines like Westjet will fly to Aruba during the winter months, Air Canada will be forced to lower their prices.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi - PM me and I can give you the skinny on how to look for the deals. John was at my home a few weeks ago and walked me through the process. If you have flexibility, the savings are quite good. We fly virtually all our flights out of Buffalo. Where do you live?
    Michael

Eagle beach, Baby beach, The light house, Catilina cove, Boca catilina

New to the forum

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (however have been following since I booked our first trip to Aruba back in August). The wife of twenty one years and I live in Oshawa, twenty minutes outside Toronto.

We are staying at La Cabana, Nov26th-Dec3rd. We are Blue Green owners in Florida and decided to use our points to check out Aruba! We are flying Air Canada direct from Toronto. I purchased tickets back in October for $498 each, plus tax. I just checked and now they have went up to $1305 plus tax?

After reading all of the great info that is shared on this Forum I have already made three dinner reservations. The first is on the 25th at Salt and Pepper, the second is on the 27th at Barefoot and the third is on the 29th at Passions. This will be our first trip without our children(18 year old boy and a 16 year old girl) and we are treating it like a second honeymoon!

If anyone has any other suggestions on great places to eat, shop or do other activities I would really appreciate it. P.S. I'm an avid fisherman and would really like to go fishing, however I don't want to break the bank on a private charter and can't seem to find party boats similar to the ones we use in Florida. Any suggestions? Thanks again and can't wait to hit the beach!

Twelve days and counting!!!

Terry

Aruba since 1979
    If you had to pick three...
    check out this link for some restaurant suggestions.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum!

please make sure you visit the other areas in the forum, especially the culinary and culture and the activity section for your fishing information.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_1964 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (however have been following since I booked our first trip to Aruba back in August). The wife of twenty one years and I live in Oshawa, twenty minutes outside Toronto.

We are staying at La Cabana, Nov26th-Dec3rd. We are Blue Green owners in Florida and decided to use our points to check out Aruba! We are flying Air Canada direct from Toronto. I purchased tickets back in October for $498 each, plus tax. I just checked and now they have went up to $1305 plus tax?

After reading all of the great info that is shared on this Forum I have already made three dinner reservations. The first is on the 25th at Salt and Pepper, the second is on the 27th at Barefoot and the third is on the 29th at Passions. This will be our first trip without our children(18 year old boy and a 16 year old girl) and we are treating it like a second honeymoon!

If anyone has any other suggestions on great places to eat, shop or do other activities I would really appreciate it. P.S. I'm an avid fisherman and would really like to go fishing, however I don't want to break the bank on a private charter and can't seem to find party boats similar to the ones we use in Florida. Any suggestions? Thanks again and can't wait to hit the beach!

Twelve days and counting!!!

Terry

Just posted on the other thread. See my recommendations.

Welcome!

BTW, looks like you got a good price on AC.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I'm Canadian through and through! Just under 5 weeks until my second trip to Aruba this time for two weeks!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast