Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

JoJo - you have us beat by a week or so . . . we arrive on Dec 28. What part of Canada are you from? This will be our 5th trip to Aruba . . . this year
    Michael

We live about 1 hour north of Toronto. Our first trip to Aruba was in Feb 2010 and we stayed at Paradise Beach. Sorry we will miss you but have a great vacation.

Jojo4103 - AHAH - we got another Canuck hooked on Aruba! Excellent . . . we need more to convince WestJet to schedule year round service to our paradise . . . enjoy your time in paradise. I may drop in for a quick visit over the next week or so . . . Michael

Eagle beach, Baby beach, The light house, Catilina cove, Boca catilina
    When leaving Aruba does Canada have thier customs at the airport or do you clear back at your home airport?

When traveling to Canada, you will have to clear Canadian customs in Toronto

Good luck if you have to catch a connection as they are much slower than the US customs in Aruba. We have missed plenty of connections waiting for our luggage and then having to get through customs in TO.

We generally travel via a US airline as we don't live in TO- you have to give yourself more time to clear US customs in Aruba but it makes it so easy for connections once you get to your US city to catch the flight home.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Eagle beach, Baby beach, The light house, Catilina cove, Boca catilina
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    When traveling to Canada, you will have to clear Canadian customs in Toronto

Good luck if you have to catch a connection as they are much slower than the US customs in Aruba. We have missed plenty of connections waiting for our luggage and then having to get through customs in TO.

We generally travel via a US airline as we don't live in TO- you have to give yourself more time to clear US customs in Aruba but it makes it so easy for connections once you get to your US city to catch the flight home.

Thanks Randi
    So how much time should I give before heading to the airport in Aruba seeing that I don't need to go through US customs?
    Terry

Its been awhile since I traveled Air Canada and a lot depends on time of year you are traveling. I think I would give myself 2 hours at the airport. From what I remember the agents in Aruba for AC weren't overly quick.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Unhappy Thomas Cook Travel

With Thomas Cook Travel just entering the Aruba travel market from Canada this year, it is disappointing to see what was reported in the news this morning.
    Here is an excerpt from the news article.

Over the long term, we are uncertain about Thomas Cook’s commitment to the Canadian mainstream holiday market, and believe its potential exit would have positive implications on the industry supply/demand balance,” said Poirier in a research note to investors.

Aruba since 1979
    posts 104,5,6,7 i am creating a new thread for these in the airline category.
    post 108, i am creating another thread in the same category.

this category here is for off topic canadian chat.

i am leaving the posts here, but copying them and putting them in the airline category as they might be of interest to all.

quite often many members never make it to the off topic area.

thanks for posting.......i am NOT deleting, just copying and reposting.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning everybody,

It's been a very long time since I've been on here, and it's good to be back.

As to why I was away; we'll call it Glenn and his wonky colon. Since March I've had 4 surgeries to try and fix things. Each operation was followed by 6 - 8 weeks of recover. There will be one final operation in early Jan., 2012 and that should be it done. Anyway, feeling better, stronger and looking foward to a full recovery.

As you can imagine, no Aruba for us in 2012. We're booked for Maui in May, and hopefully we'll be back to Aruba in 2013.

Speaking of being back, people here in Winnipeg are thrilled to have the Jets back in town. A fearless prediction; the Jets will win the Stanley Cup before the Leafs do; so will the Canucks, the Oilers, the Flames, the Senators, the Canadiens and whichever team they relocate to Quebec City.

That's it for now on a morning when it's -23 C, -30 C with the windechill.

Have a good one.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011