Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    to all of our canadian friends.........lisa and i say you are welcome.

and a little off topic, but not really...........there are about 1600 homes here in cypress lakes community where we live in w. florida.
    of the 1600 over 1/3 of the owners are canadian. and what is the deal with the usa only allowing the canadians here for 6 months?!?!
    lots of these folks would love to be here longer but the USA basically says 6 months and then get out :-( also too, something about the health insurance too dictates that the canadians have to go back. it's too bad. they own homes here, pay a high maintenance fee, taxes, contribute to the tampa bay economy and cannot stay longer than 6 months!!

of the 18 homes on my street, there are 4 usa snowbirds, 4 full timers and 10 canadians....all but one from nova scotia and the other from ontario.

got a huge amount of canadian snowbirds from north of toronto.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-18-2010 at 11:55 PM.

I think this is great new thread is great. I live in Toronto and I paid $1,800 dollars per person for one ticket with Air Canada and there are 3 of us, that's air only. We really need more direct flight from Toronto beside AC.

SKOLE:
    I think this is great new thread is great. I live in Toronto and I paid $1,800 dollars per person for one ticket with Air Canada and there are 3 of us, that's air only. We really need more direct flight from Toronto beside AC.

I know that if you live in Toronto its hard to get your head around flying with a stop but it is really worth it. I finally convinced one of my friends to do this. If you go USAIR via Charlotte you will pay around $800 during Christmas season (if you book early). That is a huge savings.

We used to travel AC at Christmas time but haven't for the past 3 or 4 years. DH had lots of aeroplan points so we used them for our family of 5. With the new system at aeroplan with their point system we never are able to get points at the time of year with AC. So we buy our tickets and save the points for our winter trip, which we are always able to get. We don't live in Toronto so a direct flight is not an option.

We the demise of Sky Service, AC vacations now uses the AC aircraft. They book up almost half the plane so that leaves about 50 seats for purchase, which is probably why the cost is so high. We would NEVER pay that kind of money to travel to Aruba. Sky Service would put out their flights in the summer but were still around $1200. We never used this option. For points we used AC, but to pay we use USAir. We actually fly to Philadelphia and stay overnight (too nervous about missing a connection in the winter and getting alternate arrangements during the peak travel season) and take the early flight to Aruba. We don't feel rushed or stressed out that we are going to miss a connection.

You can do a lot with the additional $800 p.p. you spent going direct with AC!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Well hello all fellow canadians We also own a home in Aruba. We live in Calgary so trying to get to Aruba from the west is a real pain in the buttoski. The only downfall to the island but worth it once you get there. Rumour has it Westjet does have rights to go to Aruba but just hasn't exercised them. For us we have found the best way to get to Aruba is to head south from Calgary to the states (ie: Houston, Miami etc) haven't done the direct from TO because of the price as others have stated. Any way that we go it is a 18-48 hour process (lots of times a overnight is required). But once we get there it is all worth it.

If anyone wants to get together on the island we will be there from December 4th-January 8th. Check out the Calgary weather this week and you will know we deserve it!!

I told Mark I would come by to watch the hockey game on Monday night Dec. 13th at Busters. Why don't we meet there?

Perhaps we could meet after the dinner hour and beach time? What about 8pm?

Any other Canadians going to be in Aruba on Dec. 13th? Andrea, you are invited as an honourary Canadian.

Purestone, what airline do you fly? Do you use the AA flight from miami?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Last year we had a great time at Busters during the gold medal game Hockey game. It was unbelievable how many Canadians were there. People came in hockey jerseys, flags, etc. It was great.

I got to see Lynn R. and her DH. It was a lot of fun. Aruba is starting to become more popular in Canada, I think?

December 13th 8pm @ Busters it is....who is playing?

We fly whomever is the cheapest or works with our schedule. The past few times we fly Calgary-Houston-Aruba with Continental. Overnight in Houston and they only fly direct from Houston on Saturday's but we are very good friends that live 10 mins. from the Houston airport so we visit. Have done AA Calgary-Dalla-Miami-Aruba (yup that many stops) and you can do that in a day if you leave Calgary about 7am arrive Aruba 11pmish. This time we are using points to get to Tampa with AC then spending a week in Florida then Spirit Airlines Tampa-Aruba. We will see how they are. My brother has used them from Fort Lauderdale and said it was fine.

Aruba since 1979
    dec 13 (monday) 5 pm @ BUSTERS an Aruba.com community forum meet and greet happy hour (or 2)

Well I think meeting at 5pm is actually better so Purestone let's do it at 5pm (forgot about that Andrea) and we can get the Canadians plus other board members all together at once!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    one more thing and then i will stay off your thread.............i keep humming "o canada"
    and i am not canadian
    bye

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast