Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

5pm it is. As long as it doesn't interupt my morning swim, 10am nap and 2pm nap our social calendar is pretty wide open. See you all there.

Geez......now I have O' Canada in my head too!

Karen

PPS: noticed on Busters facebook page that 6-8pm every weekday is "buy 1 get 1 free"...........say it aint so.......can such a good deal be true.......am I dreaming........hmm.....good coincedance with our get together!!!!

Which game is being broadcast on the 13th? I am assuming it isn't Calgary Vs. Columbus?

Purestone - where is your place on the island? We are in TDS. We just got back this past Tue and are back on Jan 3-19 . . . maybe another "Hockey Night in Aruba" game at Busters? . . . keeping the thread on the top of the list . . . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by purestone2004 View Post
    Which game is being broadcast on the 13th? I am assuming it isn't Calgary Vs. Columbus?
    Sens vs. Thrashers Last year we had a great time with Graham when the Sens played his Leafs. There were four of us and he got his waitress to put on a Leafs flag so he wouldn't be alone cheering on his loosing team! Hmmm, I guess I shouldn't talk too much as our team isn't doing too well.

We also hook up our computer to the TV and will watch in our room. However, the feed is slow because so many people are using their computers at the same time. We also will go over to Champions and if a US team is playing the Sens then we beg them to put it on. OMG, last year they had Karaokee night and a group of us were trying to watch hockey in the corner (one group was watching the Leafs on another TV) of the restaurant. The DJ wouldn't lower the sound system even a little and we couldn't hear the game over the very loud and really awful singing. The singing was so bad the two separate hockey groups were hysterical.

We will make it over to Busters as it is a nice way to enjoy the game. DS will be with me for a few days until DH and other DS's sons arrive.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We are in Ruby which is down past Gold Coast area from Tierra Del Sol.

I definately think Hockey Night In Canada..............in Aruba is a great idea.

We are Flames fans which is a bit of a sad thing but then any one BUT a USA team (sorry to all the Americans on the board).

We (Bill & Stella) will be in Aruba on December 11th with some other Canadian relatives from Nova Scotia. I go to Aruba maybe 5 times a year and like to fly Continental ...Halifax to Newark, Newark to Aruba. I usually pay around $800 return but it's a good trip leaving at 6:30 am and arriving in Aruba around 1:30 pm (same day, same time zone). On the return trip, I don't leave Aruba until 2:50pm and get home about 11:30pm. AA is my second choice but sometimes I have to connect from JFK to Miami which is a pain.

Unfortunately, I am not a sports fan. Happy to join the Oh Canada group though. I will stay in Aruba for most of the winter. Our house is in Montana, Noord.
    Stella

That isn't too bad with your connections from Halifax. Sounds easier and better than coming from Calgary!

We will meet at 5pm but no worries hockey game is not on until later. Around 8:30pm Aruba time so you won't have to be stuck watching hockey.

Love to hear about your wintering in Aruba too!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Hi there,
    We are Torontonians who fell in love with Aruba on our honeymoon in 1992 and have been back 9 times since. We own timeshare at surf club and are going back in 2 weeks- WITHOUT OUR KIDS!!!- We always fly usair or united....air canada only flies during peak season of course. Would love more flying options out of Toronto. Flew out of Buffalo before, but still kind of a pain to drive, border time waits, extra expense if staying overnight in Buffalo the night before an early flight...

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    A Canadian thread? What a super idea. Randi, was this your idea? Good going!

We're from Winnipeg. We've been going to Aruba every year in January for the past 6 or 7 years, although my first visit was over 30 years ago in July 1980.
    For the last 3 visits we've stayed at The Mill.

In terms of routing, our preference of course would be to fly a Canadian carrier and we used to do that but recently Air Canada's fares have become just too expensive for us. Winnipeg-Toronto-Aruba are around $1400.00. Now we fly United, Winnipeg-Chicago, then American Chicago-Miami, and American again Miami-Aruba. It's a full day's travel.

If you're wondering if I'm an optimist, I can tell you are these three things.

1. I just renewed my Winnipeg Blue Bomber season tickets for next year.

2. Winnipeg will have an NHL team again eventually, and they'll win the Stanley Cup before the Leafs do.

3. We'll be in Aruba Jan.14-24, 2011.

-22 here this morning with lots of snow. I don't have to tell you guys that's Celsius, do I? Have a good one.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Welcome abourd!!

Too bad about AC as that would certainly make things a lot easier for your travel. What is with AC anyway?? As I said before the price is high because of the closure of Sky Service.

Here's the scoop on Aeroplan. We used to always fly in December on points all the time. AC releases seats 356 days in advance vs 331 days for the US airlines. They used to realease all their seats at once and if you were the first to call you would get them. Now they release them in "drips and drabs" and forget about getting seats during the Christmas season. Again, this has to do with AC Vacations taking over most of the flight for their packages. They now follow the same rules as with the Star Alliance partners with only having to release 5% of seats per month. What that means is that they can release more seats on the less travelled days/weekends in the month. I have discussed this in depth with Aeroplan people. These changes have diminished the value of being a dedicated AC customer because you really no longer reap any true benefits from having your points. They actually agree with me. Anyway, we use our points for travel in the winter but have to travel via Star Alliance partners.

Glenn, we are too hoping for the return of the Winnipeg Jets! We have been believing (until the last two seasons) that our Senators will get the cup before our dreaded rival the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Optimisitic, my DH has put his name down for 4 seats for our future CFL team. He is a diehard since 1967 when he would go with his father!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast