Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Hello all,

Greetings to all my brothers and sisters form the great white north!!!

I am another friendly Canadian that is new to the forum. My wife and I reside in Kingston (no we are not incarcerated here thank you) and are about to travel to Aruba for the first time this February.

The flights are a bit of a pain we are driving to Detroit and connecting out Chicago which is not the most direct route but by far the cheapest.

The NHL is not my primary interest but wasn't Quebec slated for the next Canadian team, however, not to worry, even if the Peg doesn't get a franchise for a century or two they still may win a cup before the Loafs.

Will be watching The Grey Cup this weekend with an appropriate beverage in hand, after the Argos got manhandled I will not be cheering just observing.

Great thread letís keep sharing our unique Canadian perspective!

Thanks, Jay.

Wink Bragging Rights

Headline on Global Calgary right now......Calgary Second Coldest Place On Earth Right Now (only 5 degrees "warmer" than a weather station on the South Pole) So na nah nah....take that Mr. Winterpeg Only 4 more sleeps though until we head south.

Karen

CanukJay,
    There must be a better way to get to Aruba then the one you are doing? Omg, that is outrageous.

What about Buffalo? Wouldn't that make more sense?

How much were your tickets? Were they that much cheaper than flying out of Toronto or Ottawa (not AC)?

Sorry guys, glad I am not in Calgary or Winnipeg right now
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Yeah weather out west is not good, today Kingston was 14 degrees and sunny in afternoon. However, cold stuff is coming.

Canuck.Jay - Yeesh, Detroit? That's a long haul! Buffalo is definitely worth looking at - shorter drive and I would be surprised if flight prices were not the same or cheaper than Detroit. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Cannuck.Jay View Post
    The NHL is not my primary interest but wasn't Quebec slated for the next Canadian team, however, not to worry, even if the Peg doesn't get a franchise for a century or two they still may win a cup before the Loafs.
    While I may be a lowly American, hockey is a passion of mine. Quebec needs a new arena before they will get a team. Without a professional quality and sized arena, built or in the process of being built, they will not see a team.

Hey Chadd - who needs an arena anyways - eh! Let's play outdoors! . . . LOL

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning from Winnipeg,

Random thoughts on a Friday morning;

Just wanted to know if anyone here on the bb is taking advantage of the Air Canada seat sale that was in the paper the other day.

I'd love to see Westjet fly into Aruba; I'm surprised it's not going there already.

Grey Cup leanings. The heart says Roughriders but the head says Allouettes. Montreal by 6.

Has anyone been to Amadeaus restaurant in Aruba? We're hoping to go when we are there in January.

Global warning: Are you experiencing it where you live? No sign of it here. Just another trend that will pass Winnipeg by.

Have a super day everyone!

Glenn

Just some information to throw out before I go watch the Sens play the Penquins in about 2 minutes....

For a variety of reasons, the regular Monday BB meeting at 5pm will continue at the Amsterdam Manor (too confusing to move etc) as is the norm BUT

OUR Canada group will meet at Buster's later and we can get together and have drinks and watch a little hockey! I thought that since the game starts at 8:30pm Aruba time, would meeting at 7:30pm work out? That way if you want to stay at the beach or perhaps go to the BB party there is lots of time and no conflict. We can have drinks together, meet each other and for those who want can stay for some of the hockey game can do so.

Perhaps we should wear red or a Canada T-shirt??

Andrea, you are our honorary Canadian so please come and join us! Anyone is, of course, welcome too!
    Last edited by Randi; 11-26-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning from Winnipeg,

Random thoughts on a Friday morning;

Just wanted to know if anyone here on the bb is taking advantage of the Air Canada seat sale that was in the paper the other day.

I'd love to see Westjet fly into Aruba; I'm surprised it's not going there already.

Grey Cup leanings. The heart says Roughriders but the head says Allouettes. Montreal by 6.

Has anyone been to Amadeaus restaurant in Aruba? We're hoping to go when we are there in January.

Global warning: Are you experiencing it where you live? No sign of it here. Just another trend that will pass Winnipeg by.

Have a super day everyone!

Glenn
    Glenn - yes, we've been to Amadeus and enjoyed it alot. I say it is similar in style and value to Cafe Rembrandt which is in the corridor of restaurants behind Hard Rock Cafe.

I didn't see the Air Canad seat sale - please enligthen me . . . I spoke with a reliable source at WestJet and while they HAVE been supporting a charter to the island lately, their scheduled service is at least 12 montsh away . . . primarily driven by aircraft / distance and the other corridors they are opening.

Michael

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast