Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just some information to throw out before I go watch the Sens play the Penquins in about 2 minutes....

For a variety of reasons, the regular Monday BB meeting at 5pm will continue at the Amsterdam Manor (too confusing to move etc) as is the norm BUT

OUR Canada group will meet at Buster's later and we can get together and have drinks and watch a little hockey! I thought that since the game starts at 8:30pm Aruba time, would meeting at 7:30pm work out? That way if you want to stay at the beach or perhaps go to the BB party there is lots of time and no conflict. We can have drinks together, meet each other and for those who want can stay for some of the hockey game can do so.

Perhaps we should wear red or a Canada T-shirt??

Andrea, you are our honorary Canadian so please come and join us! Anyone is, of course, welcome too!
    Randi: wha is BB meeting? (sorry, a little dense on a Friday night) . . . is this group around Jan 3 - Jan 19? Sadly, I need to wait until then to be on the island.

If no one has, I second the motion to have Andrea (and Lisa) both honorary Canadians . . . we need to get them a horse, a mountie uniform, and have them "kiss the cod" and get screetched in from our good friends in Newfoundland!

Michael

Aruba since 1979
    i am close to being canadian ...my dad's dad was from moncton nb and his mom was from nova scotia.

what is kiss the cod and screetched in?

Andrea:
    I believe you can become an honorary Newfoundlander if you attend the ceremony where you kiss the cod and drink a glass of screech. I believe I have my endorsement somewhere.
    Stella

Stella - you got it . . . it is a right of passage to becoming an honourary Newfie!

Randi-we will be at Busters for sure and probably Amsterdam before that...really what else do we have to do?

Luckily Pete is a born newfie so I don't think he ever had to kiss the cod to make it official but I am sure more than a shot or 10 of screech has passed his lips in an "unofficial" status.

We are just in Florida acclimitzing before we head to Aruba on Saturday. Sure beats the -17 in Calgary this morning.

Karen

Hi All you Canadians,

Snow is arriving in all parts of the country and Aruba is on all of our minds so don't forget to come to our Canada meeting at Busters Monday Dec. 13th @ 7:30pm.

See you there......
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

2 for 1 on drinks 6-to 8pm so please make sure you are there before 8, will also have some free snacks. I will be there around seven randi, no snow in boston but cold.

Aruba since 1979
    boy my dance card is filling up fast!!

see everyone on monday night at busters after the BB meet and greet at Amsterdam Manor Beach bar.

Aruba since 1979
    paul wants to watch MON night football..........he is not a hockey fan hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    boy my dance card is filling up fast!!

see everyone on monday night at busters after the BB meet and greet at Amsterdam Manor Beach bar.

Sniff, Sniff . . . :-( enjoy the 18th at Buster's for the "Canada" meeting . . . we will be thinking of you while we braving it here in Mississauga (just west of Toronto) . . . can't wait to be sitting on our back patio of our island home on Jan 3 . . .

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast