Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    why don't you tell me where the hide a key is and i will get the house prepped for your arrival
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Sniff, Sniff . . . :-( enjoy the 18th at Buster's for the "Canada" meeting . . . we will be thinking of you while we braving it here in Mississauga (just west of Toronto) . . . can't wait to be sitting on our back patio of our island home on Jan 3 . . .

Thats why we have our good friend Roberto to turn our airco on and some fabulous next door neighbors here in Canada who live a block away in TDS who often times surprise us by putting our patio furniture out . . . but thanks anyway Andrea :-) I am sure we will connect at some point on the island. . . .

Come on all us Canucks . . . keep the discussion group at the top of the list . . . we arrive Jan 3-19 . . . can't wait. Michael

Hi there,

Glad I am in Aruba and not in Sarnia or London, Ontario!!! Those poor people.

Went to Buster's on Monday and watched part of the game. Met Mark and he was amazing and most hospitable. Met two couples from home and Bill and Stella. Another man came over to talk to us who was Canadian and now lives on the island. He was very interesting and enjoyed the conversation. He was sitting with a man from Calgary.

Met Andrea and Paul too.

Interesting story on the radio about the woman who got stranded on the highway and got locked out of her car by her dog. She was rescused because a snowmobiler saw her waving her red olympic Canada gloves!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    sorry i am lurking on the canadian board hahaha

randi i too read about that story online, but the version i read said she was waving the olympic flag.
    we have about 10 couples here at caribbean palm village that are "snowbirds" they are owners here and stay 2 months end of december til end of february.
    i directed them to this thread and to the hockey games at busters.

nice to meet you and your son randi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Hi there,

Glad I am in Aruba and not in Sarnia or London, Ontario!!! Those poor people.

Went to Buster's on Monday and watched part of the game. Met Mark and he was amazing and most hospitable. Met two couples from home and Bill and Stella. Another man came over to talk to us who was Canadian and now lives on the island. He was very interesting and enjoyed the conversation. He was sitting with a man from Calgary.

Met Andrea and Paul too.

Interesting story on the radio about the woman who got stranded on the highway and got locked out of her car by her dog. She was rescused because a snowmobiler saw her waving her red olympic Canada gloves!!

Actually, the info I got was from listening to the news on the radio via internet. The woman was very lucky. She is pregnant and got stuck for about one hour and left the car to ensure her tailpipe was not covered in snow. She bundled up with gloves and a hat and when she went to get into the car it was locked by the dog. A good samaritan was travelling around on a snow mobile to see if he could rescue some stranded motorists. She started waving her red Canada gloves and he came to her aid.

Good to meet you too, Andrea!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Screehin' in

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Andrea:
    I believe you can become an honorary Newfoundlander if you attend the ceremony where you kiss the cod and drink a glass of screech. I believe I have my endorsement somewhere.
    Stella
    I'm lovin' this thread...

Being a Newf (now Ottawa transplanted) perhaps I can offer a little insight - kissing the cod has become a little less common these days... you can also get your honary Newfoundlander Certificate by kissing the puffin's arse - if I can say that on this forum - compliments of Eurpoean overfishing and the Cod moratorium... this is the norm for Trapper John's Pub in St. John's - their way of helping conserve the fish stocks.

The shot of Screech is non-negotiable - a lovely elixir with caribbean roots... bring your razor - it will put hair on your chest like fish hooks!

As far as flights go - Ottawa to Aruba with US Air via Charlotte NC is 627 + tax. That's about as cheap as I have seen for Ottawa departures.

I did see Jan 2011 flights from Montreal for 727 taxes inc.

Forgot to mention - the puffin is wooden... real puffins are not too keen on that sort of thing despite their playful look!

Jerrie - kissin the puffin's arse . . . spoken like a true newf, transplanted or not! Glad you cleared up whether the puffin was real or not . . . next thing you know, there would be a moratorium on puffins . . . LOL.

Question to all Canucks on this forum . . . is there enough of us to buy our own plane? . . . didn't ANYONE watch the movie ConAir???

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrie View Post
    I'm lovin' this thread...
    As far as flights go - Ottawa to Aruba with US Air via Charlotte NC is 627 + tax. That's about as cheap as I have seen for Ottawa departures.

I did see Jan 2011 flights from Montreal for 727 taxes inc.
    That is an amazing price!! For what time of year did you see it for? The Ottawa to Aruba via Charlotte has a good connection on Saturday but if you go during the week it is only one hour and very stressful during the winter.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast