Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    That is an amazing price!! For what time of year did you see it for? The Ottawa to Aruba via Charlotte has a good connection on Saturday but if you go during the week it is only one hour and very stressful during the winter.
    I just checked again - It is only showing a Philly connection today for some reaon--- still the same price though...

This was for Jan 29, 2011 to Feb 12, 2011

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.

Wink

Good morning eveyone,

A wonderfully gorgeous day here in Winnipeg.

Yes, I saw the movie ConAir; and I think it would be great if we could have our own plane to head down to Aruba, or to bring all you guys here to Winnipeg. Lol!

Even if Westjet started flying from the centre of the universe to Aruba, it would likely still be cheaper and more conevient for us to go Winnipeg-Chicago-Miami-Aruba. It's a long travel day but it's still only one day. Anything through T.O. to the Caribbean for us usually involves at least 1 overnight, so we've kind of stayed with routings through the US.

Everyone ready for Christmas? My wife is a wonderful cook, but not much of a baker. So why would she be asking me for a new rolling pin? And she specified the one with the really good grip handles. Hmm.

If I'm not on here before Saturday, a very Merry Christmas to everyone.

Glenn

Glenn - well, what can I say - you will be very well recognizable on the island . . . the guy with the "rolling pin welt" on his head . . . LOL. All kidding aside . . . Merry Christmas to all our Canadian (and American, Aruban, Dutch, Venezuelan . . . friends . . . we will be on island Jan 3 - Jan 19 for those who might want to connect . . . we will have my 82 year old mom staying at our house in TDS with us.

Bona Natale all . . . Michael

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Michael,

We will be in Aruba Jan. 14 - 24, 2011. As was the case on the last 5 trips, we'll be at The Mill. We find it to be pretty good value.

Hopefully Donna and I will get a chance to meet you at the bb party on Monday, Jan. 17.

Merry Christmas,

Glenn

BB party?

Hi Glenn - Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Maybe a dumb question, but what is BB as in BB party? . . .

Aruba since 1979
    BB is Bulletin Board

Thanks Andrea . . . where would I get the details about location and time for the BB party on Mon Jan 17? Michael

Aruba since 1979
    typically the BB meet and greets are at Amsterdam Manor beach bar........MONDAYS at 5.
    there is usually a handful of people, but typically in january and carnival and christmas seasons the crowds can range from 10 - 25.

Unhappy oh my . . . Canada loses world juniors

Well, I am quite surprised none of us hockey stick waving Canucks have spread our sorrow on this BB over our collapse to the Russians last week.

My wife and I hurried over to Busters to watch the 3rd period, certain to revel in victory with the many fellow countrymen who were there to watch the game . . . how quickly the events turned.

It was a good thing we had our stash of Tim Hortons coffee with us so we could drown our sorrows the next morning on our back patio . . .

A definite shout out to Busters for having pretty much all the screens tuned into the game. Thanks so much.

Michael

Mornin',

Yes, it was too bad about our junior team's loss to Russia. I felt badly too that so much pressure was put on these young guys.

Anyway, we'll be leaving for Aruba this Friday morning, around 6:20am and we get there just before midnight, going through Chicago and Miami.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the bb party at AMBR's beach bar on Monday at 5.

Meanwhile, have a Balashi for me!

Glenn

Winnipeg

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast