Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: O Canada...we love Aruba

We make the trek to the island 100% of the time from Buffalo (it is 90 minutes door to door from our home in Mississauga - just west of Toronto). There are lots of options in terms or airlines AND times . . . we rarely pay more than $400 CDN return. We typcially fly Delta, USAir, or Contenental - used to be raving jetBlue fans until they decided to jack their prices way up.

Best of all, we can drive to Buffalo the night before, stay at a hotel for around $100-$125 . . . and park our car there for 2 weeks for free - the parkign savings more than covers the pasking costs.

I have been lobbying WestJet HARD to run direct service from Toronto (or Hamilton Ontario for that matter) - they would clean up! Air Canada = Bad IMHO - they skin you alive and have very limited serivce options . . .

3 more sleeps . . . can't wait.

Michael
    Last edited by mmattalo; 03-08-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Bad typing :-)

Aruba since 1979
    michael
    wishing you WONDERFUL travels, safe travels and a great trip.
    enjoy the sun and the water!

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    We make the trek to the island 100% of the time from Buffalo (it is 90 minutes door to door from our home in Mississauga - just west of Toronto).
    Last July it took me four hours to get from the Leafs practice rink to the border. The QEW was like a parking lot the whole way to the falls.

Thanks Andrea . . . Chadd, I hear ya - this is why we are heading there tomorrow night - the weather forecast is for freezing rain so I want to be sure we can get there without the stressful early morning . . . and perhaps we will indulge in some Buffalo chicken wings :-)
    Michael
    Last edited by mmattalo; 03-08-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: I really need to proof read my posts . . .

Good evening fellow Canadians . . . has everyone forgotten about our island paradise now that spring (or summer) has arrived north of the 49th? Okay, which Canuck is next going to Aruba and when? Michael

Anywhere I can feel the sun and the nice aruban breeze!
    Hello there neighbors! I am from the NE part of the GTA, I am from beautiful Montreal! Don't know when I'll go to Aruba next, Hubby has to change job since his boss is closing the departement where he works on November 1st. He is now looking for a new job so our budget is closed to any vacations for now

We live 90 minutes away from the Plattsbrgh and the Bulington airports. We save a bundle by taking our flights over there instead of going to the Montreal airport. It is so worth it!!
    Last edited by Missou; 06-03-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Happy Canada Day to all our friends who proudly fly both the Canadian and Aruban flags . . . the one thing I will say is that our happy island home of Aruba has our homeland of Canada clearly beat when it comes to celebration, fireworks, and simply making every day a celebration. Oh Canada!
    Michael

Oh . . . Canada . . . really. No wonder my plea to WestJet to provide direct service from Toronto to our island paradise are not being heard . . . there have been no "oh Canada" posts since my last post in July . . . come on fellow Canucks . . . who's heading to the island soon! My bride (of 28 years) and I will be there Oct 12-27 . . . then again Dec 28-Jan 16 . . . then ? ? ?
    Michael

Ok, you convinced me....
    MMattalo-where do you stay when you are in Aruba?

Has anyone flown to Aruba via Thomas Cook? Flight prices on par with other airlines but if you don't originate in TO (like us) then you need to add on the flight to TO and it doesn't seem that much of a bargain. I am quoting Xmas season pricing.

We found that this year the flights have been more expensive than last and less of them. Anyone have any news on the Westjet going to Aruba? Still makes me so mad to see what Air Canada charges to fly to Aruba! Monopoly at its best. $1700 to fly to Aruba is just insane. Us carriers don't charge fuel service either.

Anyway, Canadians-have a nice day!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi - I pm'd you. Acquaman (John) on this message board has had lots of success booking charter pricing via Thomas Cook and WestJet . . . we need to get the support of the ATA (Aruba Travel Authority) to lobby WestJet with us and have them open up direct service from Toronto . . . is anyone at ATA listening to this??? :-)
    Michael

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast