Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympics in Vancouver

Woe Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    ok guys...don't rub it in!
    Absolutely not. Sorry.

There are only a few states where people care about hockey.....had to watch MSNBC to get the game.

I can't believe it will likely be Russia/Canada to play in for the medal round. I, like most others, figured that would be the gold medal game.

You never know....that's why they play the games.

Hope Sunday is USA/Canada. Would be a real drag if it turned out to be, say, Finland/Sweden. Randi....even as a great hockey fan, I'm sure that would drive you out of Buster's Garage and back to the beach?
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at

Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    ok guys...don't rub it in! We, in Canada, are going crazy about the loss! That is all people are talking about. The radio talk shows are a buzz, newspapers, everything. We are hockey country where we live and breath hockey!! Record breaking numbers watching last night, while to our friends south of the boarder, NBC didn't even carry the game??? Wow!

Well, we will be all glued to our TV tomorrow night. Go Canada Go!!
    Regardless of your nationality, that has to be one of the best games you've ever seen.

Tomorrow night shouldn't be a problem, it's the game against the Russians that you need to worry about. And if you get by the Russians, you get the winner of the Czech Republic and Sweden. This is where it gets really interesting.

I really didn't care that it wasn't on NBC but MSNBC is the one channel I don't get in HD.

Yes, it was an amazing game! Russian team, that will be tough (should we get there) and that also should be a fantastic game. Too bad it will be on at midnight! If I am going to stay up I better take a nap
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Any Aruba beach...
    A friend sent this to me

"This came from my Canadian Friends and I thought it was interesting................

USA says thanks for the Olympics

This is from the NBC Olympic anchorman:

Leaving behind a thank-you note Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor
    After tonight's broadcast and after looting our hotel mini-bars, we're going to try to brave the blizzard and fly east to home and hearth, and to do
    laundry well into next week. Before we leave this thoroughly polite country, the polite thing to do is leave behind a thank-you note.

Thank you , Canada :

For being such good hosts.
    For your unfailing courtesy.
    For your (mostly) beautiful weather.
    For scheduling no more than 60 percent of your float plane departures at the exact moment when I was trying to say something on television.
    For not seeming to mind the occasional (or constant) good-natured mimicry of your accents.
    For your unique TV commercials -- for companies like Tim Hortons -- which made us laugh and cry.
    For securing this massive event without choking security, and without publicly displaying a single automatic weapon.
    For having the best garment design and logo-wear of the games -- you've made wearing your name a cool thing to do.
    For the sportsmanship we saw most of your athletes display.
    For not honking your horns. I didn't hear one car horn in 15 days -- which also means none of my fellow New Yorkers rented cars while visiting.
    For making us aware of how many of you have been watching NBC all these years.
    For having the good taste to have an anchorman named Brian Williams on your CTV network, who turns out to be such a nice guy.
    For the body scans at the airport which make pat-downs and cavity searches unnecessary.
    For designing those really cool LED Olympic rings in the harbor, which turned to gold when your athletes won one.
    For always saying nice things about the United States ...when you know we're listening.
    For sharing Joannie Rochette with us.
    For reminding some of us we used to be a more civil society.
    Mostly, for welcoming the world with such ease and making lasting friends with all of us."
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-05-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: my font was huge!

Canada did a great job!
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123