Aruba Beach

Thread: To Paul & Andrea both...

Arrow To Paul & Andrea both...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    OMG...thats right, its Paul retirement now too!! Yahoo, enjoy your new home, new relaxed lifestyle, and the rest of the summer together....Paul, best wishes on your retirement...cindyo

Yeah, best wishes on a well deserved retirement....now let me think,,,how many years before I can join you guys ???? Geez, with my luk I might not make it...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for the good wishes.
    paul's last day was yesterday and it took a few hours for him to be "outprocessed" and then the party for him etc...
    so today, i sent him out looking for a job!

seriously though we will both have to work a bit to make up the slack of not having 2 real incomes. i guess we are now on sort of a fixed income, ..............when the iras kick in, and if the stock market recovers, we might able to be really retired. but the iras are not available for another few yrs.

my plan is to continue teaching swimming sort of on call now thru thanksgiving. (have been doing so for a week or 2 now)

hopefully i will be able to work full time at the pool march thru october

paul has no idea what he wants to do, but he too will plan on finding something in the latter part of the winter.

he is hoping he can do the "forest gump grass cutting thing" at colby, unity or thomas colleges.

or we could win the lottery

again thanks for the kind wishes

michelle/danadog, buying an atv is not on our plans for retirement!

andrea

Andrea and Paul,
    Isn't it terrible in this day and age that when you retire you can't really retire...Hopefully the stock market and your IRA's will be in good shape and it will only be a matter of time.
    Once again I wish you both the best...and by the way....my first buy if I hit the lottery will be a BIG ASS ATV !!!! No just kidding, I've told Joe (husband) the first thing I will do for us, after paying off all the bills will be to buy a house...you know where...and he can come visit me whenever he likes!!!
    The house will probably have a revolving door, which okay by me...I'm a social butterfly and thrive on company !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME