Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Pet Monkeys allowed in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I just came across this info, I did not know that there was a sanctuary for exotic animals in Noord, it's the only one on Aruba. There are several pictures on the link. The last one is a monkey.

Aruba: Habitat for Rescued Animals Excursion

http://www.getyourguide.com/noord-l1...nimals-t26063/

http://www.philipsanimalgarden.com/v...s-information/

Aruba since 1979
    one of the existing threads re: phillips animal garden
    Phillips Animal Garden
    click above link

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    one of the existing threads re: phillips animal garden
    Phillips Animal Garden
    click above link
    Phillips Animal Garden is on my list of things to see next time I'm in Aruba; which may be in a few months.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    I would never want a pet I couldn't take care of. I have two dogs and I take excellent care of them. My almost 11 year old Shih Tzu got very sick a few months ago and almost died. I took her to a animal hospital, she stayed 4 days and cost me $5,000 for the week. She is doing much better now but still requires meds and vet visits. Next month she turns 11 and hopefully can live a few more years.

Some people thought I was crazy spending that kind of money on a "dog" but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to save her. I even delayed my planned most recent Aruba Trip by over a month on account of her getting sick. Thank God she is doing well now.

The idea of a pet monkey seems interesting but not if the animal will suffer and not have good quality of life. I am an animal lover.
    I applaud you for taking such good care of you dog, I'm exactly the same.

There are some monkey sanctuaries in the US or the exotic animal sanctuary in Aruba. Maybe you have the chance to visit one and talk to the people who actually care for them, a lot can be learned. If one is close by where you live ~ the one in Aruba actually is ~ maybe you can even become a volunteer if you really enjoy monkeys. It could be a win win situation.

CK1
    Phillips Animal Garden is on my list of things to see next time I'm in Aruba; which may be in a few months.
    Sounds wonderful. I would love to read about it after you visited it.

I'm going to Aruba next week to close on my condo and will be sure to visit the Phillips Animal Garden.

CK1
    I'm going to Aruba next week to close on my condo and will be sure to visit the Phillips Animal Garden.
    Great! I look forward to your trip report and your impression of the Phillips Animal Garden. Safe travel!

Thank you. This time I will have a full week. In that time I will have to close on the condo, get the utilities switched in my name, try to open a bank account, do some repairs and improvements and of course go to the beach, PAG and have fun. I will post a trip report when I return.

CK1
    Thank you. This time I will have a full week. In that time I will have to close on the condo, get the utilities switched in my name, try to open a bank account, do some repairs and improvements and of course go to the beach, PAG and have fun. I will post a trip report when I return.
    You are welcome! I hope there are not too many duties and LOTS of time to start enjoying Aruba and have some fun!

Good luck! Hope it all goes smoothly and you have some time to enjoy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast