Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Arrow Pet Peeves

Okay, what is up with this stupid law in Georgia where if a candidate does not receive at least 50% of the vote there is a "run off election"? What a waste of tax payer money.

Went to the polls today. There were more poll workers than voters and I was there at lunchtime. Predictions are that turn out is going to be light.

It took me darn longer to get the wild turkey in front of the polling place to move to allow my car to pass than it took me to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

It took me darn longer to get the wild turkey in front of the polling place to move to allow my car to pass than it took me to vote.
    You are too patient....it may have made a wonderful hood ornament....
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    You are too patient....it may have made a wonderful hood ornament....
    Funny story...Fish & Game is supposed to "re-home" him. They have been busy though with hunting season. They finally got around the shooting him with a tranquilizer and some dumb lady gets out of her car and starts chasing the poor bird to take a photo with her camera. Well who would have known that running increased the adrenaline (sp?) and negated the effect of the tranquilizer. Fish & Game said they will try again after hunting season.

Confrontation with said turkey paid off.

"9 p.m.: The Associated Press has just declared Republican incumbent Saxby Chambliss the victor in the U.S. Senate race in Georgia. The Democrats have fallen short of their 60-seat majority." Chambliss wins Senate runoff

Aruba since 1979
    so you are saying that you went to the polls and had imbibed so much "wild turkey" you could not park the car?
    an attempt at a little humor (very little tuesday humor)
    andrea

Okay, what is up with this stupid law in Georgia where if a candidate does not receive at least 50% of the vote there is a "run off election"? What a waste of tax payer money.

Went to the polls today. There were more poll workers than voters and I was there at lunchtime. Predictions are that turn out is going to be light.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so you are saying that you went to the polls and had imbibed so much "wild turkey" you could not park the car?
    an attempt at a little humor (very little tuesday humor)
    andrea
    It took me darn longer to get the wild turkey in front of the polling place
    I had to wait for them to unload the liquor from the truck but the darn bird was chasing the driver.

ash
    I live in Georgia, too! But I voted early to avoid those Wild drunk Turkeys or is it Wild Turkey drunks on voting day. And what is with the lady taking pictures??? Ain't she never seen a turkey? She must live in the burbs...

The better candidate won, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I live in Georgia, too! But I voted early to avoid those Wild drunk Turkeys or is it Wild Turkey drunks on voting day. And what is with the lady taking pictures??? Ain't she never seen a turkey? She must live in the burbs...

The better candidate won, imho.
    Wanted to vote early too, just couldn't get to the county and local polls were open last week while we were out of state. No lines yesterday though , just a turkey.

Okay, I was just wondering......you live in Georgia.....in this country.....Wild Turkeys in the city?????
    You know the whole conversation is just too much.....LOL....But those peeps are just adorable..my English Springer Spaniels puppies would love to chase them around...(now that they killed all the chickens and don't know what else to chase...)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Okay, I was just wondering......you live in Georgia.....in this country.....Wild Turkeys in the city?????
    Oh believe me, this city girl wonders and shakes her head all of the time. At least my grandfather was a farmer so some of this stuff is in my blood, but dh? He is the original city slicker. He did not even know what the turkey was when he saw it. Same thing with the chipmunks in our yard, the wild pheasants that showed up briefly or the racoons and opposums.

When we bought this house in this then "new" subdivision, we did not know that up until just a few years prior the main road outside of the subdivision, said domain of the Turkey, was not even paved. THEN we found out that the year before we moved here there were still more horses in our counyy than people.

Alas this is not the case anymore and the Turkey must find a new home, but we still have to drive at least 20 minutes to go to the grocery store. Good thing we have a gas station/ bait store/ convenience store when we run out of milk which is less than 10 minutes away.

Now you want to talk about what happens here when it snows and they have NO snow removal equipment and there are no salt trucks? Ever try driving on ice covered with gravel? Not all that much different from driving on good old shiny ice. AND you just have to wait for it to melt, dry up and go away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast