Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please join my pity party

Aruba since 1979

Please join my pity party

You are all invited.

• I fell last week and landed flat on my bum. I cracked my tailbone..............the emergency room could do nothing for me.So i found a chiropractor up here in Waterville/Oakland area. Of course my insurance does not cover the out of network care and i am responsible for the first $1000.
    • Our contractor finally finished phase 2 and in the deluge of last night, the rain water was pouring in from an area where the flashing was not installed properly. Now a section of the garage sheetrock wall and insulation has to be replaced (thank goodness he said he would come back as he guarantees his work)
    • The landscaping/groundwork was done on Thurs - Sat. We had over 140 yards of loam brought in, the loam spread, the area seeded and hayed. Last night we had about 3" of rain and the area is a hay/mud/gullywasher mess.
    • The new front porch and back deck construction was supposed to go on today, but the weather prohibited the contractor from doing that (phase 3).
    • A good friend that was to have come up here to spend a few days with me, cancelled out due to the weather.
    • The final straw is that Paul had to leave today for the remainder of the week to finish up at Raytheon. So here i am with a sore ass, a mud mess, and no front or back stairs. (i can get in and out thru the mud room/garage and the basement though)
    So, what is the beverage of choice for the pity party?
    Please list your ailments and annoyances and we can all whine together.

Andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    andrea, shot...replace the o with an i....thats it,move home to MA...I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I do truely feel sorry for you....know the choice for ailments these days is vicodin...I can spare a few and mail them to Maine....
    Waitress, I will have mango run and cran strawberry on ice please...
    oh yes, forgot i had a torn rotator cuff ...
    Last edited by cindyo; 07-21-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Andrea - I feel so bad for you. You are having a hell of a bad time aren't you. How the heck did you fall on your arse. You deserve a real pity party. Things can't get any worse (can they?). Hope your bum heals real fast.

Aruba since 1979
    liz and cindy.......you 2 have got it as bad as me. cindy rotator cuff
    liz reconsrtuction of the house

i made a kahlua/vodka and a tablespoon of milk and a fistfull of ice in the blender if i had baileys i would add that too

bottoms up

What a mess!!! I don't even know where to begin...but your beverage of choice is a good start. I will toast you with my monthly bottle of Corona sitting on my desk as I type!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    What a mess!!! I don't even know where to begin...but your beverage of choice is a good start. I will toast you with my monthly bottle of Corona sitting on my desk as I type!
    MONTHLY Corona? What's wrong with you!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

• I fell last week and landed flat on my bum. I cracked my tailbone..............the emergency room could do nothing for me.
    Are you in a cast
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Sounds like moonshine would be a better choice...now, if I could just go out in the woods and find that moonshine still, we would be in business. Seriously, I hope your situation gets better soon! You can send all of that rain down here to Georgia...we are in a drought again this summer.
    Sherri
    My FIRST Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrie74 View Post
    Sounds like moonshine would be a better choice...now, if I could just go out in the woods and find that moonshine still, we would be in business. Seriously, I hope your situation gets better soon! You can send all of that rain down here to Georgia...we are in a drought again this summer.
    Hey Sherrie! That is a terrific idea, we can build stills in our woods, and then ship the stuff north. Maybe Cindy and Andrea can work out some sort of trade for some rain. Thunderstorms all around us last night and not a drop here. 1" of rain here all of last month just isn't cutting it.

Aruba since 1979
    today is cindy's dr. appointment. i hope the initial diagnosis is wrong and it is not a torn rotator cuff

i would be glad to send the rain to you southerners.
    we here in new england are a bit cranky from the rains and the humidity and grey skies.
    4" rain in waterville over the last 3 days
    enough already

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Hey Sherrie! That is a terrific idea, we can build stills in our woods, and then ship the stuff north. Maybe Cindy and Andrea can work out some sort of trade for some rain. Thunderstorms all around us last night and not a drop here. 1" of rain here all of last month just isn't cutting it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast