Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Prayers for DH (Tom) please!

Aruba since 1979
    how is tom today peggy?

Tom is still in the hospital. With all the challenges he's facing he is managing to stay positive. Treatment hasn't started yet as they want his blood levels stable. Today was the Echo for his heart which I assume is normal based on the report I saw. Tomorrow they are taking a bone marrow sample. If all goes well they'll start a milder blood thinner, watch him a few days and then start the Chemo. He told me to stay home tomorrow because the bone marrow thing is scheduled for noon. I didn't argue because I am exhausted and could use a little time to regroup. I feel so selfish saying that!

So far his liver numbers look good. It's such a worry with the reduction in immunosuppressants.

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Aruba since 1979
    not selfish at all.
    you need to stay strong and healthy for tom.
    tomorrow he will be probably sedated for the blood marrow test and will not be up to having company.
    it is a good day for you to "regroup" and catch your breath.

cyber hugs from across the miles

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom is still in the hospital. With all the challenges he's facing he is managing to stay positive. Treatment hasn't started yet as they want his blood levels stable. Today was the Echo for his heart which I assume is normal based on the report I saw. Tomorrow they are taking a bone marrow sample. If all goes well they'll start a milder blood thinner, watch him a few days and then start the Chemo. He told me to stay home tomorrow because the bone marrow thing is scheduled for noon. I didn't argue because I am exhausted and could use a little time to regroup. I feel so selfish saying that!

So far his liver numbers look good. It's such a worry with the reduction in immunosuppressants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post

i agree with Andrea. You need to take care of yourself too and you are not being selfish. Sitting in a hospital all day is exhausting. Take care and sending prayers for you and Tom.

Silly stuff Peg. Please take care of you, so that you are able to take care of him. Continued thoughts & prayers & vibes
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Peg
    You are not being selfish.. and you need your to keep your health for you and Tom.
    Please listen to Tom and all of us.... stay home and recoup. Tom will need you more later.
    Fill the tub up with hot bubbles .. dim the lights and pour a big glass of wine. I
    More prayers, hugs and hugs to both of you..

Thoughts and prayers for strength and healing your way!! Big hugs!

So sorry to hear. Don't let yourself get run down, it does Tom no good. Stay rested up the best you can.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Praying for you both.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast