Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Prayers for Jacki's Mom

Aruba since 1979
    Jacki how about the hospital's social workers??
    i understand and agree that you are your moms advocate but you too need an advocate!

I took down the number of the Nurse Manager for that floor. Not sure if I want to speak with her or Relations.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I would speak with both- but the nursing manager for sure. If she does not know its broken she can't fix it...sounds like a lot of fixing is in order too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I took down the number of the Nurse Manager for that floor. Not sure if I want to speak with her or Relations.

OMG - forgot she was diabetic. My oldest son is Type I. I would freak out if someone forgot!! Yes, the nurse manager or a social worker is the key. Unfortunately you have to make some waves to get some action. I'm not that type either but luckily I have a sister who is and an Aunt who works in health care so she knows! I know it's hard but you need to get some rest too. I may have missed this, but do you have any siblings nearby that can take over for awhile. I hope things even out before you leave for Aruba so you can relax!!!

Thank you all.

They "FORGOT" that she is diabetic - AGAIN! Second time during this same hospital stay that someone on this floor, somehow removed DIABETIC from her chart. She's ordering pancakes, maple syrup, rice krispies, apple juice, lemon ice for breakfast - none of them sugar free options (which they do have available - for the juices, syrup, ice, etc.) and (SHOCKER) her sugar was up yesterday....hmmmmmm.... Can't make this carp up! Seriously! I want to go to patient relations, she's worried that the care will get even worse.

Sorry to vent. SO not my style. But only you guys understand my dilemma with Aruba being a week away!
    Hopefully we'll be back in Spring 2018

I have a brother who is trying his best, but has been so emotional he can't walk into the room at the hospital without tears.

On my way to chat with Patient Relations now...they have NO idea what they are in for!

Go get 'em girl! Best of luck, and our thoughts are with you.

Thank you all.

They "FORGOT" that she is diabetic - AGAIN! Second time during this same hospital stay that someone on this floor, somehow removed DIABETIC from her chart. She's ordering pancakes, maple syrup, rice krispies, apple juice, lemon ice for breakfast - none of them sugar free options (which they do have available - for the juices, syrup, ice, etc.) and (SHOCKER) her sugar was up yesterday....hmmmmmm.... Can't make this carp up! Seriously! I want to go to patient relations, she's worried that the care will get even worse.

Sorry to vent. SO not my style. But only you guys understand my dilemma with Aruba being a week away!
    My Tom is also diabetic and on more than one occasion while in the hospital they were giving him orange juice or ice cream. It made me crazy. Even worse, there was one nurse who would sneak him ice cream as a treat! Definitely, I would ask to speak with the floor nurse. I've found them to be a good source of information and very supportive.

I am shocked at the level of care in hospitals these days. Not being able to properly identify and feed the proper foods to a diabetic seems like patient abuse IMO and I would FREAK out if it happened to one of my loved ones. Go get them Jacki!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    This is so upsetting and I hope you get answers and apologies from someone. This could be happening to others, I am glad you discovered it. I can so relate to you last year 2 weeks before my husband's bladder removal surgery they had us freaking out as he was diabetic and never was. He had almost less than 2 weeks to get his sugar down, no doctor's in our home town could figure out why he was all of a sudden diabetic. I finally asked if the chemo could be the cause, guess what it was! Hang in there Jacki - we are all here for you to vent. It is not good to hold all this in so we are here for you.

Thank you all once again I truly appreciate all the comments & strength thru my "fake, online" friends

Spoke with both patient relations & the floor nurse manager, as well as the dietitian & social worker. The nurse manager wrote down names & meds & dosages for me. I showed them some of my notes and they both asked to make copies - I agreed, but informed them that I would need the originals back for my file Just to make sure they knew I had a file

She's going back to the OR on Thursday and hopefully leaving the hospital on Friday if all goes well.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast