Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: pretty funny and likely true

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,925

    pretty funny and likely true

    They walk among us!!






    I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I Gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor.
    She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the money back, same scenario!
    I departed the store with the $46.64.


    They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail
    I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon
    for a Grande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said 'buy one-get one free.' 'They're already buy-one-get-one-free,' she said, 'so I guess they're both free'

    She Handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

    They Walk Among Us!
    One day I was walking down the beach with some Friends when one of them shouted, 'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked Up at the sky and said, 'Where'?

    They Walk Among Us!
    While looking at a house, my brother asked the real Estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?' When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, 'Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff.'They Walk Among Us!!
    ONT>I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One
    day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, 'The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.' He responded, 'Is that Eastern or Pacific time?' Wanting to end the call quickly, I said 'Pacific'.

    They Walk Among Us!
    My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut hogh a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.
    They Walk Among Us!
    My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

    They Walk Among Us!

    I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. 'Now,' she asked me, 'has your plane arrived yet?'They Walk Among Us!
    While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. 'Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.'Yep, They Walk Among

    They Walk Among Us, and they Reproduce,..(not alone)

    and Worst of all ..........

    THEY VOTE and MAY EVEN GET ELECTED????

















  2. #2
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    I love to go to a cashier and do the following....

    Say item cost $46.25 including tax. Give cashier $50.00 and wait until they punch that into the register which will then say change $3.75. Then hand the cashier an additional $1.25 to get a five back....LOVE watching them try and figure it out!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  3. #3
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Andrea, OH so TRUE....very funny...I've run inot each of these..pizza place, Lowe's, Joanne fabrics....cindy

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Very very scary indeed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I love to go to a cashier and do the following....Say item cost $46.25 including tax. Give cashier $50.00 and wait until they punch that into the register which will then say change $3.75. Then hand the cashier an additional $1.25 to get a five back....LOVE watching them try and figure it out!
    I did this in a Burger King many years ago (but not on purpose). My bill was $3.55 and I gave the cashier a $10. Then I saw that I had some change and a $1 bill. I told the girl "take this" and gave her the $1 and .45 in change. Then she could give me a $5 bill back. She stood there for a full two minutes just looking down at the money. She couldn't figure it out. I didn't say anything but after the two minutes I finally looked at my girlfriend and rolled my eyes. The girl saw me and started crying. All the other workers behind the counter started yelling at me that she was new. The manager came out and he even started yelling at me. Guess this girl diden't learn how to subtract in school. This happened about 25 years go but I will never forget that I got yelled at by kids in Burger King for "giving a look".

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,925
    this morning at grocery store my bill was $10.20.
    i gave the cashier $20.20
    she was clueless .
    even after she punched in that she had received $20.20 and i was to get $10 back.

    she was puzzled for a long time. i was exasperasted. lady behind me gave a sigh that was very audible

    there should be a course given in middle and high school for checkbook balancing, change giving, credit card use, how to write a check, how to write your name, how to change a light bulb, how to put toilet paper on the dispenser, how to load and unload the dishwasher................oh god....sorry i am getting carried away.
    (can you tell that paul is getting to me this wknd?)

  7. #7
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

    there should be a course given in middle and high school for checkbook balancing, change giving, credit card use, how to write a check, how to write your name, how to change a light bulb, how to put toilet paper on the dispenser,
    ....with respect to the TP....the end of the roll facing out, please
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  8. #8
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    ....with respect to the TP....the end of the roll facing out, please
    Absolutely positively beyond the shadow of a doubt if you want to live in "my" house.

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,925
    do you mean coming down from the top?
    or coming from the back/bottom?
    :-)
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Absolutely positively beyond the shadow of a doubt if you want to live in "my" house.

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,925
    must have been embarrassing and upsetting being yelled at by "burger king young employees".

    i am no math genius, not even halfway proficient, but within 30 seconds i could have figured it out i am sure.

    how is the house coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I did this in a Burger King many years ago (but not on purpose). My bill was $3.55 and I gave the cashier a $10. Then I saw that I had some change and a $1 bill. I told the girl "take this" and gave her the $1 and .45 in change. Then she could give me a $5 bill back. She stood there for a full two minutes just looking down at the money. She couldn't figure it out. I didn't say anything but after the two minutes I finally looked at my girlfriend and rolled my eyes. The girl saw me and started crying. All the other workers behind the counter started yelling at me that she was new. The manager came out and he even started yelling at me. Guess this girl diden't learn how to subtract in school. This happened about 25 years go but I will never forget that I got yelled at by kids in Burger King for "giving a look".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO