Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Recipes

Aruba since 1979
    i forgot..............
    thin crust cheese pizza add some tossed mixed green salad and eat like a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    some ideas we are very good at fridays during lent.

grilled salmon w/honey mustard

vegetable lasagna

cesar salad w/ grilled shrimp (not very filling)

trader joes veggie burgers and minestrone soup OH YUM

macaroni and cheese w/ cooked brocolli with bread crumb topping

new england clam chowder w/ french bread dip in garlic oil

baked eggplant w/ tomato sauce

-------------------------------------------
    what is your secret tuna recipe please please?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Okay folks, here we are, what past 2 Fridays in Lent and I am already running out of menu ideas for Friday nights.

Ash Wednesday we had pasta and my vegetable tomato sauce. Friday we had fried clams and this week I made Minestrone Soup (if you think the chicken broth counts then we are going to hell, but I am confident we are not just take my word for it ) accompanied by my secret recipe Tuna Salad sandwiches.

Need ideas for the other 6 or so Fridays left...Man cannot live on pizza alone and we save that for emergencies.
    Here is a great pasta with seafood recipe, as an Italian myself I have conquered everyones recipe.
    MOMMA MIA SEAFOOD PASTA
    Shrimp deveined (save shrimp peel)- simmer shrimp peel in a small pan with 1/2 cup water with parsley and garlic.
    Seafood can cosist of anything you like, I add:
    Calamari rings- canned clams (Roland my favorite, reserve clam water),crab, mussels and scallops.
    In a skillet simmer garlic and olice oil on low heat, than add chopped tomatoes (canned or fresh), 2 tsp salt, fresh parsley and simmer for 10 minutes . Then add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer again 10 minutes. Now add shrimp water &reserved clam water to seafood and cook for another 10 -15 minutes so seafood incorporates flavors . Add Salt to taste and simmer to desired flavor. An added option: Before serving add 1/2 cup heavy cream and simmer another 10 minutes until thickened add parsley atop. The best pasta to serve with this is Spaghetti or linguine.
    I hope you enjoy the recipe, it's an old family tradition. As my grandma use to say "Use your tastebuds and add a little love", meaning don't be afraid to try something new. I have made this recipe 1,000 x's and I always use the basic step. I did not add the quantity of seafood this is for you to distinguish. Remember the sauce needs to be watery and flavorful , reason why is because when you add sauce to pasta it will suck up juices.
    After pasta is cooked drain pasta and add 1/2 cup sauce, mix plate and add more sauce with seafood atop.
    Bon appetite, If you need any more advice on this pasta dish please p.m me.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    oh yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    Here is a great pasta with seafood recipe, as an Italian myself I have conquered everyones recipe.
    MOMMA MIA SEAFOOD PASTA
    Shrimp deveined (save shrimp peel)- simmer shrimp peel in a small pan with 1/2 cup water with parsley and garlic.
    Seafood can cosist of anything you like, I add:
    Calamari rings- canned clams (Roland my favorite, reserve clam water),crab, mussels and scallops.
    In a skillet simmer garlic and olice oil on low heat, than add chopped tomatoes (canned or fresh), 2 tsp salt, fresh parsley and simmer for 10 minutes . Then add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer again 10 minutes. Now add shrimp water &reserved clam water to seafood and cook for another 10 -15 minutes so seafood incorporates flavors . Add Salt to taste and simmer to desired flavor. An added option: Before serving add 1/2 cup heavy cream and simmer another 10 minutes until thickened add parsley atop. The best pasta to serve with this is Spaghetti or linguine.
    I hope you enjoy the recipe, it's an old family tradition. As my grandma use to say "Use your tastebuds and add a little love", meaning don't be afraid to try something new. I have made this recipe 1,000 x's and I always use the basic step. I did not add the quantity of seafood this is for you to distinguish. Remember the sauce needs to be watery and flavorful , reason why is because when you add sauce to pasta it will suck up juices.
    After pasta is cooked drain pasta and add 1/2 cup sauce, mix plate and add more sauce with seafood atop.
    Bon appetite, If you need any more advice on this pasta dish please p.m me.

Thanks Andrea. Dh has finally perfected "oven fried" eggplant.

Angela, thank you too, I just passed the recipe along to dh (the Italiand AND the seafood chef). Dd's favorites are zuppa de pesce and frutti di mare or ANYTHING with Calamari, so right up her alley!

Arubalisa,
    Can you tell me the way to perfect eggplant please. I love eggplant , but just can't seem to get it perfect.
    Thanks so much,
    Carol
    Thanks Andrea. Dh has finally perfected "oven fried" eggplant.

Angela, thank you too, I just passed the recipe along to dh (the Italiand AND the seafood chef). Dd's favorites are zuppa de pesce and frutti di mare or ANYTHING with Calamari, so right up her alley!

Quote Originally Posted by jcmelly View Post
    Arubalisa,
    Can you tell me the way to perfect eggplant please. I love eggplant , but just can't seem to get it perfect.
    Thanks so much,
    Carol
    Here you go Carol...

Crispy Breaded Eggplant without the Frying

Ingredients
    1 Eggplant
    2-3 Eggs
    NO Stick Spray
    Flour
    Breadcrumbs

Directions
    Peel eggplant & slice
    Beat eggs
    Combine equal amounts of flour and breadcrumbs enough for coating
    Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture
    Dredge slice in flour/breadcrumb mixture
    Spray baking sheet with no stick spray
    Place breaded eggplant on baking sheet
    Spray tops of eggplant with no stick spray once they are all placed on baking sheet

Bake in oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, turn each slice and bake another 15 minutes.
    Total cooking time about 30 minutes.

I love it when he then bakes it in a casserole with some mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Yum, yum.

Aruba since 1979
    sounds delicious
    andrea

Here you go Carol...

Ingredients
    1 Eggplant
    2-3 Eggs
    NO Stick Spray
    Flour
    Breadcrumbs

Directions
    Peel eggplant & slice
    Beat eggs
    Spray tops of eggplant with no stick spray once they are all placed on baking sheet

Bake in oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, turn each slice and bake another 15 minutes.

I love it when he then bakes it in a casserole with some mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Yum, yum.

Here you go Carol...

Ingredients
    1 Eggplant
    2-3 Eggs
    NO Stick Spray
    Flour
    Breadcrumbs

Directions
    Peel eggplant & slice
    Beat eggs

Thanks very much, arubalisa. Can't wait to try it out, yum

Crock Pot Cuban Pork

Tried this yesterday for the first time from a recipe dh found online and modified. Prep time was not where near 25 minutes.
    I wouldn't be posting it if it had not been delicious!

Another recipe from online. This is modified as well, substituting bleu cheese for the originally called for goat cheese. Delicious!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast