Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i have tried this recipe and it is now an all time favorite.
    once i eventried it with raspbery yoplait yougurt instead of plain.
    my advice stick with the plain yogurt.
    Dh was wondering when you substituted the raspberry yoplait, did you omit the honey to keep down the sweetness?

Lisa <<== who is thinking he should come here himself and ask these questions >>

Crispy Tuna with Garlic

Dh cooked a delicious "Crispy Tuna with Garlic" for dinner. His own recipe...

Marinated the tuna for a couple of hours in:
    1 T. soy sauce
    1 T. oyster sauce
    1 T. brown sugar

Removed from marinade and coated in corn starch (not flour, the corn starch makes it crispy)

He then sauteed the tuna in seasame oil with garlic and then topped with the brown sauce attached.

The brown sauce was pretty darn good over the broccoli as well.

Seafood Treat For Dinner Tonight

Our monk fish is boned...

Cheese...most everyone likes cheese? Do you like goat cheese and brie? If so, dh tried out a new recipe tonight and it was delicious. He omitted the Watercress and cut way back on the amount of butter called for.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lisa, your husband is the best cook I know, really, he's a great experimenter, and has great recipes....Lucky you ! Keep cooking and keep the recipes coming!
    May we borrow him, we have 42 people coming this weekend for our Aruba reunion, 1/2 sleeping over, and might need him...LOL. My house will be upside down come Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    May we borrow him, we have 42 people coming this weekend for our Aruba reunion, 1/2 sleeping over, and might need him...LOL. My house will be upside down come Monday.
    42 PEOPLE!!!!

Our last undertaking was "only" 25 people. But today was rainy so he baked chocolate chip cookies and biscotti. Store bought cookies are for "emergencies only". Dh suposedly did a cost analysis and figured since his labor is free baking the cookies is cheaper than buying them even on sale. Needless to say the quality is a zillion times better.

What are you cooking?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My upcoming weekend....Our annual Aruba reunion with family and friends...
    we start with friday eve-swordfish, baked pot, broccoli salad, tomato's, coleslaw, steamers, little necks. All kids going to eat at Pawsox game( AAA red sox) after we drop them off at the stadium.
    Sat am-cereals, eggs, sausage,coffee cakes, muffins, bagels, fruit, coffee and juice
    Sat lunch-hamburg/hotdogs, pot salad, baked beans, coleslaw, broccoli salad, thai rice, mac and cheese, marinated chicken, green salad, pulled pork
    Sat eve- above, and then including corn on the cob, sausages with peppers and onions, chix fingers, fried chicken, and whatever else is leftover
    Sun am- breakfast as above adding pancakes
    Sun lunch-all of the above as leftovers....
    Everyone brings food and byob so its not as bad as it sounds....really
    Everyone sleeps where ever they fall...One family is bringing a tent, and we have kids in family room in sleeping bags, we have a pullout couch in the livingroom, 4 bedrooms, and there it is. Sounds simple enuf doesn't it...
    Rob won't let me do laundry after Wed. so the septic system can handle the crowd.
    Picture kids in the pool, mom's in the pool with them, or on recliners, and dad's playing one handed croquet all weekend...And the red sox on at 4 sat. so thats our weekend....
    Lisa, Care to join us ???
    Last edited by cindyo; 07-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i wish i could cook as well as lisa's dh!

paul and i now on somewhat of a fixed income and are budgeting. (or trying to)

today i did a major grocery order and have the freezer stocked with meats (well labeled)

i marinated some chicken breasts in olive oil, vinegar and garlic , mrs dash and a couple of tsp of lime juice. i let it soak and marinate for 6 hrs and threw them on the g foreman grill. wow they were good.

stir fried some summer squash, onion and zucchini with a bit of soy sauce and ground ginger.

and 2 ears of corn wrapped in wax paper in microwave for 5 minute with olivio spray margarine stuff.

first time in weeks i actually cooked.
    the new kitchen worked out well.
    loads of counter space.
    good working set up.

i may actually cook again.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Lisa, Care to join us ???
    WOW WEE!!! You know I would love to!
    That sounds like quite a party ! And my kind of party at that!
    Many people here have no clue what steamers or little necks even are.

Enjoy! Dh serves with honey mustard sauce. Anyone have a good rémoulade recipe?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast