Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Recipes

Smile Sloppy Joes

A good make ahead recipe. Stores well in the refrigerator and easily reheats on stove or in microwave. Make a "Manwich" with "real" stuff instead of canned.

Smile An All Around Sauce/Gravy

Dh uses this when he makes stuffed chicken (usually with cheese, ham and spinach) or cordon blu or breaded pork chops. With the chicken last night we had rice, with the pork chops many times he will make angel hair pasta. This sauce goes well on both and all.

Coconut Shrimp - yummy

I made these both on Thanksgiving and X-mas for our familes. I have it mastered, comes out exactly like the shrimp at Outback if you ever had them there.

INGREDIENTS
    1 egg
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup beer
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups flaked coconut
    24 shrimp
    3 cups oil for frying

DIRECTIONS
    In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
    Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer.
    Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.

Sauce: For sauce, mix Sweet Orange Marmalade, mustard, horseradish & salt.

Thanks Mark! Coconut Shrimp is one of dd's favorite foods. Orders it everynight when we eat at the Red Parrot at the Divi. Dh and I were talking just last night about finding some seafood recipes with Lent coming up, so this will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    is lisa the only one with a husband that cook?
    paul knows where the kitchen is and knows how to unload the dishwasher.
    How are Paul's cooking skills since retirement? Maybe cooking lessons are in order?

I too am a master chef! Wifey does cook good with her Italian dishes but when it comes to meats, apps, and seafood look out! I honestly enjoy cooking, usually on Sundays I like to experiment with something a little different. It's usally shellfish related but I am big on sauces and dips.

Try this next time you make some shrimp either boiled or steamed.....

CUCUMBER WASABI DIPPING SAUCE

4 MEDIUM CUCUMBERS PEELED AND SEEDS REMOVED INTO THE FOOD CHOPPER
    ADD 5 OZ WASABI MORE OR LESS (depending on skull freeze you want)
    AND 1/4 CUP RANCH DRESSING
    CHILL IN THE FREEZER FOR 20 MIN BEFORE SERVING

BOOYA!!!!

Arubamark,
    You sound like my husband....he likes to cook better than me. I love it, but just don't like the everyday thing.....He caters as well and we have collaborated on many dishes....he, of course always gets the credit...
    anyway, just printed out your wasabi sauce....will let you know how it is....and how much green I used...sounds yummy !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Arubamark,
    You sound like my husband....he likes to cook better than me. I love it, but just don't like the everyday thing.....He caters as well and we have collaborated on many dishes....he, of course always gets the credit...
    anyway, just printed out your wasabi sauce....will let you know how it is....and how much green I used...sounds yummy !!!
    Nice let me know. Also try mixing some cream cheese, cocktail sauce, and a can of baby shrimp, the kind you put on a salad. Mix togther and serve with some crackers. Simple and delish! There really isn't any measuring I eyeball it or go by taste and just add whatever i need to. OK, now I'm getting hungry and I'm on a strict high protein diet. I need to log off for a bit.

BGP
    I am making a roast tonight. Will try this recipe!

BGP
    Did anyone buy the Aruba 2009 calendar? I notice it has a recipe on each page. Need to try some of them!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast