Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Reservations made, but sadly not for Aruba

  1. #1
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,503

    Reservations made, but sadly not for Aruba

    We just booked our next major trip, a week in Garden City, SC in a house with 8-10 of our closest friends. Garden City is near the more popular Myrtle Beach but a little slower pace and less strict fireworks regulations. We will be celebrating independence day, Jon's 40th bday and 2 other birthdays the same week. As much as I lobbied for an Aruba trip, the birthday boys over ruled and said the Caribbean trips should be saved for winter. I even went as far as sending posts about shark attacks in our group message but they didn't budge. I'm pretty excited to spend a week on the beach with my besties without he need for a designated driver.

    So the good news is I have a trip to countdown to, but the bad news is no Aruba till the end of the year. That's a hard pill to swallow when it's going to be 9 degrees this weekend. I've been looking for a spring trip for us, but it's not the smart move right now.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,868
    I feel for you!! Sorry you couldn't make them see how much better Aruba would be
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  3. #3
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Birthday gift for Jon..... = Surprize we are heading to Aruba ....
    problem solved

  4. #4
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Birthday gift for Jon..... = Surprize we are heading to Aruba ....
    problem solved
    I definitely considered that! But he has this thing about only going to Aruba when it's cold here. With that logic we should be there right now!

    My 40th will be next year and no suprise to anyone where I will pick to spend it!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  5. #5
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,785
    Tracey, all vacations are good vacations even if they are not in Aruba, lol. Enjoy your trip, I am sure it will be awesome spending the week with your best friends...

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,681
    Tracey, you'll have fun no matter where you go! Aruba will feel that much more special when you get there. That's what I tell myself since our May Aruba trip is now our May Vegas trip.

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,945
    and that'll be an awesome birthday celebration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I definitely considered that! But he has this thing about only going to Aruba when it's cold here. With that logic we should be there right now!

    My 40th will be next year and no suprise to anyone where I will pick to spend it!

  8. #8
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I definitely considered that! But he has this thing about only going to Aruba when it's cold here. With that logic we should be there right now!

    My 40th will be next year and no suprise to anyone where I will pick to spend it!
    I'm with Jon - we bank all our vacation for winter to get out of the deep freeze. It gets pretty hot in Toronto in the summer so going to Aruba wouldn't make sense.

    It's minus 15C here right now and something even more absurd when you factor in wind chill.

    Yeah, I'll take Aruba today instead of August. Ugh.

  9. #9
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We just booked our next major trip, a week in Garden City, SC in a house with 8-10 of our closest friends. Garden City is near the more popular Myrtle Beach but a little slower pace and less strict fireworks regulations. We will be celebrating independence day, Jon's 40th bday and 2 other birthdays the same week. As much as I lobbied for an Aruba trip, the birthday boys over ruled and said the Caribbean trips should be saved for winter. I even went as far as sending posts about shark attacks in our group message but they didn't budge. I'm pretty excited to spend a week on the beach with my besties without he need for a designated driver.

    So the good news is I have a trip to countdown to, but the bad news is no Aruba till the end of the year. That's a hard pill to swallow when it's going to be 9 degrees this weekend. I've been looking for a spring trip for us, but it's not the smart move right now.
    No Amstel Brights...... but I'm sure my 'beer guru' will make do with other choices.....!

  10. #10
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,759
    Sorry you lost out Tracey, but SC will be Aruba hot in July, and just think how easy to find and inexpensive Bud Lights will be!! Aruba will wait on you, she waits for all of us to return

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO