Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Reservations made, but sadly not for Aruba

It will be a blast no doubt. I can't even imagine how many bud lights we will go through. Not to mention fruit soaked in vodka and mixed drinks. And this group loves their champagne. We may need a couple recovery days when we get home! But I gotta tell you, east coast beach traffic around 4th of July will be worse than the Aruba airport departure process on a peak Saturday.

So you guys definitely know we love our beer. I wanted to share this picture from my childhood this is me and my cousin. I get it honest as they say...lol. This was before a family trip to Myrtle Beach with about 30 relatives. My mom actually won all of this in a raffle at the fire department. My dad jokes that they ran out by Wednesday of the beach trip. Sounds about right!
    Reservations made, but sadly not for Aruba-me-mikey.jpg
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha
    i am glad that you folks will be getting your fruits in.
    keeps you all "regular"
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    It will be a blast no doubt. I can't even imagine how many bud lights we will go through. Not to mention fruit soaked in vodka and mixed drinks. And this group loves their champagne. We may need a couple recovery days when we get home! But I gotta tell you, east coast beach traffic around 4th of July will be worse than the Aruba airport departure process on a peak Saturday.

So you guys definitely know we love our beer. I wanted to share this picture from my childhood this is me and my cousin. I get it honest as they say...lol. This was before a family trip to Myrtle Beach with about 30 relatives. My mom actually won all of this in a raffle at the fire department. My dad jokes that they ran out by Wednesday of the beach trip. Sounds about right!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and mikey.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	4772

Hi all - I've been quiet for a while here. Pouting that I don't have a trip to Aruba planned soon.

Tracey, we always went to Aruba in the winter because my hubby felt the same as yours. However, when we had the opportunity to go with our kids, and we could only afford June, we went. Even though it was semi-nice here, it was awesome to spend a week in June in Aruba. The best part was when we returned home, we didn't come back to the depressing winter. We considered Aruba the start to our summer and got to keep our tans a little longer.

AUA- I agree with you. While I loved our first NYE trip, and I really enjoyed our Feb trip, I have also enjoyed the trips in April, June, July and this summer August. I can't pick a bad time to go to Aruba, I would always rather be in Aruba than at home, regardless of the weather. That said, if I only had the time for one trip, I would choose the colder weather to go.

I will have a few Aruba Ariba for ya... celebrating my son's 29th b day ...and graduation..

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We just booked our next major trip, a week in Garden City, SC in a house with 8-10 of our closest friends. Garden City is near the more popular Myrtle Beach but a little slower pace and less strict fireworks regulations. We will be celebrating independence day, Jon's 40th bday and 2 other birthdays the same week. As much as I lobbied for an Aruba trip, the birthday boys over ruled and said the Caribbean trips should be saved for winter. I even went as far as sending posts about shark attacks in our group message but they didn't budge. I'm pretty excited to spend a week on the beach with my besties without he need for a designated driver.

So the good news is I have a trip to countdown to, but the bad news is no Aruba till the end of the year. That's a hard pill to swallow when it's going to be 9 degrees this weekend. I've been looking for a spring trip for us, but it's not the smart move right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12