Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob O to Answer Your Question

Rob O to Answer Your Question

...moved it here
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Lisa....Do I see your ticker correctly....spending Christmas on the QE II?
    QE II is retiring and becoming a floating hotel at one of the palm islands in Dubai. Her last sailing is Oct 14.

My grandmother finally decided at the age of 95 (almost 96) to fulfill one of her lifelong dreams to sail Cunard and take the family along with her.

Shall we start a pool on how many pictures I can take? I am guessing 3200 which works out to only 200 per day.

If anyone has ideas or info on Bonaire, Dominica or St. Kitts please let me know. Would like to combine a tour of the island and snorkeling in Bonaire for sure. AND buy a case of BRIGHT to bring home!

Now....back to our regularly scheduled commercial programming!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    What a wonderful trip on your grandmother....I hope her health is good and that you all have a great, unbelievable trip...trip of a lifetime!!! Na, I bet you can take 5000 pictures....cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    I am GREENwith envy.

what a wonderful grandmother that you have.
    i am glad that all of you are going to accompany her on this wonderful voyage.

paul and i toured the QM2 when it was in boston either a yr or 2 ago......seems like forever ago.

she was magnificent. the cabins, even the inside cabins are extraordinary. the dining rooms are elegant and the outside area are terrific.

paul and i had the opportunity to cruise on ncl's NORWAY in 1991 at christmas. and although santa did not visit the ship it was still a wonderful way to spend the holiday.

you will enjoy.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    My grandmother finally decided at the age of 95 (almost 96) to fulfill one of her lifelong dreams to sail Cunard and take the family along with her.

My Grandmothers left this world in 1953 and 1958. So, I am available for adoption. Please pass this along to Grandma!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    your grandmothers passed at a young age rob.
    i lost both of my grandmother's at age 98.
    one of them in 2001 and the other in 2002........both in september.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    My Grandmothers left this world in 1953 and 1958. So, I am available for adoption. Please pass this along to Grandma!

ArubaLisa, Wow !!!! I state what everyone else already has.....SO JEALOUS !!!!
    I also lost both sets of grandparents when I was about 11, so I also envy that you can spend such a wonderful event with your grandmother...
    Take lots and lots of pix for us !!!!!! We will get to live vicariously through you...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Wish I could take you all with us. I am also very sorry to hear the passing of all of your grandma's.

My grandmother was active all of her life and until her 80's playing golf at least twice a week and has only been using a walker the past 8 months. This trip will be a treat for all of us, but it IS her dream. Something the magnitude of which I could not even comprehend before Saturday.

All the credit goes to dh. He found the bargain and then cajoled her into reaching for her dream. I do not know who is more excited, he or my grandmother.

He is busy planning, making lists, worried about what time to leave here to drive to Florida. I am afraid he will pull out the luggage next weekend.

Have a wonderful vacation,give grandma a kiss from me,God Bless her.

Arubalisa,

enjoy enjoy, how lucky you are to have such a nice grandmother

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You go Jerry.....good planner, what a great opportunity for little miss...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast