Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob O was injured.

I am not sure how AA rewards work but we do travel mostly to Aruba on reward points. See if you can put the points back into your account, most likely there will be a charge but it is better than loosing the points.

We got two of our sons point tickets to Aruba for this Xmas but once we saw potential exam schedule these flights wouldn't work. We had to pay $90 each to put the points back into account but we got all the taxes we paid for the flight refunded. For our rewards program there is no high/low season, but they have certain amount of seats designated at different reward levels. The closer you get to departing, generally, the higher the reward points it will cost you.

Last year when I went to Aruba in March, we were able to find flights for my cousin to join me in Aruba at the lower reward rate close to travel. Just a fluke but we had to do an extra stop to make it happen.

Anyway, this doesn't really help you with AA but check about getting those points back into your account. Let us know what happens.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

They want $150 per ticket to return the rewards points....what a great deal, you think?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

American Airlines wants us to pay 600.00 to rebank our mileage if we can't fly

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    They want $150 per ticket to return the rewards points....what a great deal, you think?
    The kicker is here it took us like 5 years to save those points. If we don't go we have jsut freed up 4 seats that someone can now pay for.
    So, for us not to go, rebank the points into each of our accts we will pay $600.00.
    American Airlines should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't let it go... speak with supervisors etc. go higher!!!! Try to get them to put the points in as goodwill for nothing!!!!!!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Don't let it go... speak with supervisors etc. go higher!!!! Try to get them to put the points in as goodwill for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Tried...... the problem is American Airlines either doesn't hire humans...or, they remove their conscience and personality through hypnosis or other means. We're talking real cold, uncaring people on the other end of the line.

Talk to someone higher? Impossible. You can't ever get through to them...better protected than the President.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Tried...... the problem is American Airlines either doesn't hire humans...or, they remove their conscience and personality through hypnosis or other means. We're talking real cold, uncaring people on the other end of the line.

Talk to someone higher? Impossible. You can't ever get through to them...better protected than the President.

unbelievable!!!

How horrible! Thank goodness I don't fly AA. I hope this works out for you. You've been through enough with your injury to have to deal with is crap.

Whenever you call any line tell them the situation and ask for a supervisor. With medical documentation sometimes they may way the fee. Tell them you will fax over the information to them. What I also could suggest is taking medical documentation directly to the ticketing agent at the airport. Sometimes that may work. I had a situation with my little one being sick and not being able to fly. I provided them with documentation to the agent at the airport and she helped us out. Good luck! Best wishes with a speedy recovery! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    Whenever you call any line tell them the situation and ask for a supervisor. With medical documentation sometimes they may way the fee. Tell them you will fax over the information to them. What I also could suggest is taking medical documentation directly to the ticketing agent at the airport. Sometimes that may work. I had a situation with my little one being sick and not being able to fly. I provided them with documentation to the agent at the airport and she helped us out. Good luck! Best wishes with a speedy recovery! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you....and continued thanks to all!

We had to cut our recent trip short in Aruba due to a medical problem. Karen & I went to the airport to change our flight date. At first, AA wanted the $150 per ticket change fee. After showing doctor records, she checked with the supervisor, and change our flight home for free. We were using our frequent flyer miles for this trip.

Since we were in Aruba already, this is somewhat different than what you are trying. But as Dushiheidi said, maybe a trip to the airport would help if you can't get good results over the phone.

Good luck and get well soon!!

PS: If you end up having to pay the change fee, the taxes you paid on your ticket (about $60) should be credited back to you.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast