Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robo with Obama today

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Robo with Obama today

Rob just called and said on the phone, " Guess who I am with this afternoon?"....Well I knew one person was to be Barney Frank, well he says, its Obama...Don't know if anyone has seen the MESS in Fall River Ma. in the news, but Rob is involved in getting the 3 mile outflow tunnel back( mandated by EPA) into working order. Huge problem, catasrophic actually, happened during the rain.

Good luck to Rob O.

If he's in that kind of company, I hope his brought his tall boots, because there is sure to be lots of bovine feces around.

Maybe you have a hose by the house and some chlorox handy for degausing after he gets home.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Mess in fall river

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Rob just called and said on the phone, " Guess who I am with this afternoon?"....Well I knew one person was to be Barney Frank, well he says, its Obama...Don't know if anyone has seen the MESS in Fall River Ma. in the news, but Rob is involved in getting the 3 mile outflow tunnel back( mandated by EPA) into working order. Huge problem, catasrophic actually, happened during the rain.

I live in Fall River and only two blocks from Mt. Hope Ave. This is one of the streets that buckled and caved in. Don't know if you saw that on the news. Another is Columbia Street where some of the holes are ten feet deep.

Aruba since 1979
    those caved in/mangled streets made national news!!
    we saw it on cnn here in maine.
    rob o, has been hard at work trying to FIX the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post
    I live in Fall River and only two blocks from Mt. Hope Ave. This is one of the streets that buckled and caved in. Don't know if you saw that on the news. Another is Columbia Street where some of the holes are ten feet deep.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    He was to busy going to fund raising functions in Boston to go to flood stricken areas in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post

We're doing our best to get everyone's lives back to normalcy as quickly as possible. My thanks to all the residents for their cooperation during this difficult time.....everyone has been great.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I haven't heard a word about this here in the UK......Guess if it's not happenin g here, it's just not miportant! Hope everyone is okay.

My son called me yesterday afternoon. He had just received a call from a friend that he heard Obama was landing at a small airport near our house in Marlboro, MA. He and his friends went down there and there was tons of State Police. They waited about an hour and limos and other cars started pulling up. A huge helicopter landed and out comes the President. He waved to the crowd, which mostly mostly high school kids that had found out about it thru Facebook posts and cell phone calls. He was gone in a few seconds, but it made their day. They were kept across the street, but he was able to get some grainy video with his phone. The President visited the Emergency Management group that is working on the floods in the area and then headed into Boston for a fundraiser. Unfortunately I was working and missed it!!

Rob O - big pat on the back to you and all the people working on the flood relief. I can't even imagine what these people are going through!!

Way to go RobO! You will get your reward at the end of next week.

Rob o, nice job you're doing, here in NJ we have had a ton on problems also with all this rain , so many people in so much of a mess, very sad. I thank my lucky stars to not have had these problems, but my heart goes out to all those that have. I agree with Lisa, you will have a next reward shortly, time to relax and enjoy the sunshine and nice clean water and of course all your friends and relatives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast