Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SanNic44

Thread: Rocky Point Snorkeling Conditions

Rocky Point Snorkeling Conditions

In the interest of providing facts regarding the disappearance of the woman from Maryland, I went to the so-called "rocky point" and made a video showing the immediate shoreline and the conditions in the water, with an underwater camera. The video runs continuously for a few minutes to view the bottom and so forth. Watching the footage, a person can decide for themselves if they would snorkel there.

Here's the link to watch the video:
    http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/0...y-point-aruba/

The "rocky point" is immediately behind the former Esso Club, what has come to be known as the Nanki Country Club, although this name is new to me. My friends who grew up in the Lago Colony always refer to the place as the Esso club. Either way, there it is.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    WOOOOW....nope , wouldn't find me there as an inexperienced snorkeler.
    Thank you for posting Dan.
    CIndyo

Aruba since 1979
    imo even an experienced snorkeler would have difficult access getting into the water AND the water is so shallow with lots of coral it would make snorkeling almost impossible...one would get very beat/banged/scratched up.

yeah, I wouldnt snorkel there....but here is my question....how did you video that ????
    walking with camera in water ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Again nice job Dan,video was great .To answer your Question why would anyone go there to snorkel.Just to get to the water would be very difficult.You cant walk on that coral and to see what sand and rock , not to smart in my opinion.I wouldn't go .

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Ummm, no that is not a place I would go snorkeling. First of all, there are too many sharp rocks that have to be crossed to access the water and as others have stated, the water is rather shallow with lots of sharp rocks, coral, etc,. I only saw some very small fish in the video, nothing worth going there for. Also, the breakwater is kinda far out so you would have to be way out there it seems to me to where you might be swept out to sea. Anyone can see this and if they were to venture to that point I would have to say they were stupid as it does look dangerous at that point. This is not a place that I would see people going to to snorkle, no way, no how.

Bon dia Danadog,

I have a special housing for my video camera so it is safe to take it in the water. Works fairly well. I hope to get better footage of other locations in the water showing more sea life. It'll be a while because I have a bunch of other projects going.

It was important to get his one out there to show people the actual conditions, so I did this one first.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/