Aruba Beach

Thread: Roofs Collapsing

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Roofs Collapsing

Its amazing here in the Boston area today. While watching the the news today. Its frightening watching all the buildings and roofs caving in and collapsing. School buildings, houses and warehouses have had roofs collapse.
    I've been living here 62 years and have never seen this happen to this degree.
    Hopefully the winter weather will let up. We still have 2 full months of winter.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The Wrentham Outlets, close by, and the local Walmart both have been shut down. THe Outlets had 6 store cave-ins and the Walmart had walls cracking....
    The icyicles are like 3 feet long around my house. Finally the sun is out and the driveway is melting....Saturday more is coming....yipee...ugh

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Didn't know about Wrentham -- wow! Just stopped in there on Monday.
    Someone in Bolton that we know had the roof of her indoor riding arena collapse -- thankfully no one was hurt!
    Last edited by Windy; 02-03-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Wink

Perhaps you should consider a move to Canada??? We just take the snow in stride and count the days until our return to paradise . . . :-)
    Last edited by mmattalo; 02-07-2011 at 07:37 AM.

I'm in NH, we had 3 feet of snow on our roof. When I went up there to shovel some off it came up to my thigh.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Rob just spent the last 3 days with a crew of 75 people evaluating the schools in the town next to us. They had to test the roofs of 14 public schools and 2 private schools. Today he will go back and review with the mayor. Its been a far to long winter for us here in RI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want out...

A very serious situation indeed and not one which everyone is capable of dealing with.

Please watch out for your elderly neighbors who have no one to look out after them.

Aruba since 1979
    such a scary situation.......so many of the effected are so unprepared because where they live......."this is not supposed to happen"

the barn where i used to ride had a partial collapse yesterday.
    no one injured....man or beast.

I know this weather has been awful. Here in Houston Texas this past week we were supposed to have snow, but it was only ice. Black ice at that, and people are just not used to the cold and ice here. Well, I guess no one is used to black ice. But anyway, we had 800+ accidents, 4 fatal. So sad, people just don't get it. Actually the police coned off highways with overpasses, and people moved them to get on the road. I just don't get it. Our car was just a block of ice and we STAYED IN! You guys stay warm and most importantly stay safe!!!
    May can't come soon enough!! ; )
    Pat