Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On A Sad Note ...

My Mom just phoned to say that grandmother had safely arrived at the Rehab hospital. The nurses at the hospital had convinced her it was so posh that is was like a Spa hotel! She was a little disappointed...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The whole thing has to be terribley frustrating to your grandmother. Tell her to enjoy being waited on , take it easy, do what she is suppost to, and send her lots of care packages. I bet your daughter is good at crafty things, tell her to send your grandmother lots of get well thoughts.

Aruba since 1979
    let's hope she does not have to stay there too long!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    The whole thing has to be terribley frustrating to your grandmother. Tell her to enjoy being waited on , take it easy, do what she is suppost to, and send her lots of care packages. I bet your daughter is good at crafty things, tell her to send your grandmother lots of get well thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    My Mom just phoned to say that grandmother had safely arrived at the Rehab hospital. The nurses at the hospital had convinced her it was so posh that is was like a Spa hotel! She was a little disappointed...
    Not a happy camper when I spoke to her today. She is very frustrated with her situation and does not like being at the rehab with a bunch of "sick" people.

Well now 12 yo dd in the avatar has the problem. Broke her leg. Happened last night at Taekwondo. Doctor's visit this a.m. and she will be in a removable "pneumatic" cast for 6 weeks minimum.
    Hooray, she can still shower!!!

She is in good spirits and now home and already happily absorbed in the Disney Channel.

Lisa

I wish her a speedy recovery

Wow. Your dd is also now in our prayers. Glad to hear that she is in good spirits and able to shower (always a positive). May she bounce back quickly from her injury.
    Michelle & Mike

coronacathy
    Lisa,
    So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she heals fast.
    Cathy

Thanks everyone.

Just finished writing a "nasty note" to the school principal. The sabre tooth receptionist at the office would NOT allow dh, a fingerprinted school system employee with ID in plain view, to walk down the hall to help dd carry her book bag and lunch bag. She blew him off saying, "we take care of our babies." Which in NON- babytalk means that they would have a student help her. Yeah right! And that kid has a bus to catch???

After waiting 10 minutes he finally took it upon himself to just go get her. There she was hobbling along crutches, book bag falling off the shoulder and lunch bag slung around her neck.

Good thing I was not there. Dh is much much mellower and nicer in these situations than I am!

And they're lucky it wasn't me instead of him as well. Damn idiots.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. The worst injury any of our lot ever got in a martial art was a broken toe. Broken leg. Geeze.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast