Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: On A Sad Note ...

...AND as if that were not enough...
    Today dd called from the school office in tears. Her leg hurt. She had the ibuprofen which we sent along with the proper form authorizing their dispensing it, BUT dh wrote 2 (what we have been giving her) tablets instead of 1 which is dictated on the bottle's directions for a child under the age of 12. She will be 12 in 3 months.

So...now get this, they couldn't give her 2 because the label did not say so, and they could not give her 1 tablet because the authorization form we sent in said "2" and not "1"

I could NOT authorize one tablet over the phone. They claimed just anyone could call and say they were the parent to give the verbal authorization, just as anyone could fax over the newly filled out authorization form.

Okay, whatever , called the doctor to fax them that HE authorized the 2 tablets. They assured me they would accept his authorization via fax. Hmm, but not the parents?

All of this did not really matter anyway. Received a phone call 2 hours later to come to school to pick her up she had a fever. Tonight it is up to almost 103. We "think" it is a cold. She is stuffed up and hacking. May be taking a ride to the doctors yet again this week. We had Keshi Yena for dinner tonight, so are thinking tropical relaxing thoughts.

We are still waiting to hear the fallout from yesterday's episode. One of dd's teachers witnessed my husband coming to the rescue and was just as upset as we were and knows the party involved and vowed to take care of it. Will out more on that tomorrow.

Thanks for listening.

Aruba since 1979
    i wish your dd well.
    all of the frustration and nonsense!
    doesn't make you just CRAZY?!

i do not miss the days of neonazi school employees (usually the ones that have jurisdiction over nothing so they take it out on the youngest and most vulnerable===the kids) every school dept has at least one in their midst.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...AND as if that were not enough...
    Today dd called from the school office in tears. Her leg hurt. She had the ibuprofen which we sent along with the proper form authorizing their dispensing it, BUT dh wrote 2 (what we have been giving her) tablets instead of 1 which is dictated on the bottle's directions for a child under the age of 12. She will be 12 in 3 months.

So...now get this, they couldn't give her 2 because the label did not say so, and they could not give her 1 tablet because the authorization form we sent in said "2" and not "1"

I could NOT authorize one tablet over the phone. They claimed just anyone could call and say they were the parent to give the verbal authorization, just as anyone could fax over the newly filled out authorization form.

Okay, whatever , called the doctor to fax them that HE authorized the 2 tablets. They assured me they would accept his authorization via fax. Hmm, but not the parents?

All of this did not really matter anyway. Received a phone call 2 hours later to come to school to pick her up she had a fever. Tonight it is up to almost 103. We "think" it is a cold. She is stuffed up and hacking. May be taking a ride to the doctors yet again this week. We had Keshi Yena for dinner tonight, so are thinking tropical relaxing thoughts.

We are still waiting to hear the fallout from yesterday's episode. One of dd's teachers witnessed my husband coming to the rescue and was just as upset as we were and knows the party involved and vowed to take care of it. Will out more on that tomorrow.

Thanks for listening.

The Beach - you'll usually find me going back and forth between the Tam and the Divi
    Wow, it's unbelievable how the school is giving you guys such a hard time. I would be furious if something like that happened with my son. So sorry to hear that. Your dd is so brave for carrying on with school even when she's still not feeling too well. Hope she heals as quick as possible.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

hi, I'm back after a little R&R, glass of wine....

Hi guys, Lisa, Andrea..... ,that little R&R up at North Conway, NH, did me a lot of good, cleared my head, all the daily crap, and now I am ready to post again. A few glasses of wine with relatives, the kid happy with their cousins..... You now I couldn't stay away from my favorite place on the internet. My kids and husband skiied all weekend at Black Mt.( nice place) and ice skated at Nestlenook, hot tubed at Nordic Village, drove home in blizzard conditions part of the way,but we are home a happy relaxed family. I know there are alot of NewEnglanders out there and its might COLD here. I can deal with the daily grind again....
    I have been reading the site often but really didn't have any desire to post, maybe it was the general "tone" of my household, because now we are all on the same wave lenght and somewhat happy.
    We are counting the days to our trip and have planned just about everyday of our 2 wk vacation, after 11 years you would think it would hom hum.....but NO!! We are excited as ever.
    So, I will post again....
    cindy

Back Cindy!
    Things were just not the same with out you. Glad to hear you and the troops are back safe, relaxed and rested, preparing for the final countdown. You finally broke the 60 day mark, so you coast from here.

On another good note, dd woke up today without a fever for the first time since Wednesday and my grandmother is being released from the rehab hospital on Wednesday.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey Lisa, good morning...SO glad to hear your family is on the mend. I can't believe your poor daughter is having such a rough time. She's probably missed alot at school, and will have alot of stuff to make up. Geeze....I am glad you let me know how she is doing. How is her leg feeling ? Fever...was it the flu? Also glad to hear that your grandmother is leaving rehab. Things just pile up and then you reach your breaking point. You are probably thinking "whats next"... Believe it or not, Iwas thinking the broken leg thing with my 2 daughters during skiing. I dropped them off at the mt. and returned 2 hrs later, and an ambulance was backing up to the lodge. I'm thinking....its one of mine, and then thinking, we're screwed going to aruba ....Kids...always make ya worry....

Well thank goodness, your kids came through their skiing adventure unscathed! You do not have too long to go before they are going to be swimming every day.

Dd I "think" is getting over what was probably an upper respiratory infection. Thus the low grade fever for what seemed like days on end.

Thank God for removable casts! I was just reading of a woman who broke her ankle her first day at the Tamarijn. That would just about kill any vacation, but they took real good care of her and it sounded as if she had a terrific attitude and her kind dh cooled her with buckets of seawater on her chaise! What a guy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234