• 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: sadness as to what has become of our world

Aruba since 1979

sadness as to what has become of our world

the last few days.......immense sadness all around.
    particularly here in tampa bay.
    orlando is less than an hour away and we all are in stunned disbelief.

first that young singer killed.

then the massacre.

our town held a prayer vigil last night and the county will hold another tomorrow.

st david's episcopal church is participating in prayer vigils and helping to organize blood drives.

the tragic impact on so many is heart breaking

guns, hatred, bigotry, mental health issues, wars all in the name of god.......are these the causes?

hate is evil.

what kind of a world will my grandbabies live in?

signing off.....maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

I am so sad for your entire community. I am sad for all of us. We all live this daily and its become way to common and not something that is shocking anymore, which is just shocking and sickening to me. Sadly, my wife and I had this very discussion today and we did not like the conversation about the future at all, flat out scary actually.

We are taking this news hard as well and we live here, and don't know a soul personally but it does not feel like that at all. Each one of these attacks makes me sad, and scared for my son who is only 6. He sees all the good the world has to offer and thankfully has no idea about the world that is really waiting for him out there. My "problem" is I always want to fix things and I can't fix "this," hell I can't even watch it on TV anymore because I am sick of crying about it. Its not the first time a tragedy has made me think about my place in life and how truly fragile life is despite how much we try to do the right things.

Kiss your loved one in the morning to start the day with a smile. Be well.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I don't like the world we are in and it is worse day by day. I feel so sorry that my grandsons have to grown up it this hateful world. God Bless America.

West Deck in the afternoon
    It makes you wonder where all the hate comes from. Children don't have hate in their hearts, they learn it so how is that changed? We would all like to know those answers. Praying for the people of Orlando

I wish I had answers.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yes, very sad indeed. Never in a million years I thought this type of massacre would happen and so close to home.
    Like Andrea we live a hour away and it does hit home...
    I have co-workers that go to this place just to hang out... to be accepted, to be loved.
    We need to search in our hearts and soul; to think if we all our treating everyone acceptable... love and understanding. Treat everyone
    the way we us/families and friends to be treated.
    May we find peace in this world so our children/grandchildren can live in a world not full of fear.

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    There are no answers. There are no excuses. There are no reasons to do this. I dislike the divide in this country. Like Rodney King said in the 90s, Why can't we all just get along? Why do so many think their position, thoughts, actions are better than everyone else's and everyone else should subscribe to their way of thinking?

I just saw another sad story out of Orlando today. A 2 year-old was dragged into the lagoon by an alligator at the Grand Floridian at Disney.

My $.02 is people are too judgmental. As long as no one is getting hurt, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and way of life. It's called human rights.

Aruba since 1979
    more................the young boy's body has been recovered from WDW.